SOLD! Mammoth Ivory Skinner NEW PICS!!!

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Here's kind-of a special knife, Guys...

It's made on my new favorite skinning blank. Some customizing to the butt and the thumb swale. It's 8A Stainless, 7 1/4" overall, with a 3" blade. The tang tapers from 5/32 at about mid point both ways, to the tip and the the butt. Sweet heft and handling. 7/8" wide.

The grip is bolstered, grommeted, and pinned with Nickle Silver.

The scales are Siberian Wooly Mammoth Ivory! I managed to get full sized scales on this thin gripped skinner with authentic Wooly Mammoth "bark ivory." Bark ivory is the outer surface ivory of Mammoth Tusks, frozen in the Siberian Tundra for Ages.

Laid on top of White Carbon, on top of Red Carbon.

Enjoy some photos of this Baby!

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02947.jpg

DSC02948.jpg

DSC02949.jpg

DSC02950.jpg

DSC02951.jpg

DSC02952.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

DSC02942.jpg

Ivory is fully sealed. It's working art. Comes with the leather sheath pictured.

Gotta ask $195 delivered for this piece. I spent alot on the Ivory.

Thanks for looking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Need to listen to my own advice and get better photos of this one. It's really beautiful. I'll try to this evening...

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys,

There we go! It needed natural light. New Pics added!

The cracks were all in the Ivory before I started. No fresh cracks, and all the ancient cracks are sealed with a full soaking of CA prior to finishing.

This is an awesome little piece.

lucky fella /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Beautiful work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Well, I gotta say that I agree with gamedog, "Lucky Fella".

It just so happens that the lucky fella is me. I had called my wife in just to show her the pics of this knife.

She said, Man that is pretty. I told her I would like to buy it before someone else did. She didn't say anything so I let it go.

I checked back on it the next day and saw that is was sold...broke my heart. I went in and told her that my knife was gone.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

I got home from work this evening and she said would you mind if I gave you your birthday present a little early? I said no, that is when she pulled out MY KNIFE.

1st thing out of my mouth was, Your the turd that bought my knife? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Steve, I gotta give ya props bro, this thing is more beautiful in person. Thanks for such a wonderful knife.

Carl

you are very lucky awesome knife awesome wife!!!
rainshadow that is some superb craftsmanship A1!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back