Hunting around Lovelock Nevada

alhefner

I need to go out and check up on my gold claim in the Seven Troughs area close to Lovelock, Nevada and was wondering if anyone here cn give me some advice on calling coyote or cougar in that area.

There is lots of snow on the ground and I am thinking the coyotes would be in the lower areas and possibly bedding down in the creek beds and old placer mining ditches. I don't know for sure since I have not actually scouted for them in that area though.

Al

coyotes in nevada do not hold to perticular patterns eccept to be around food sources. anywhere out there is good perticularly were you find deer or chuckar. the key is how much ground you cover the more stands you make the better your odds.

Quote:
I need to go out and check up on my gold claim in the Seven Troughs area close to Lovelock, Nevada and was wondering if anyone here cn give me some advice on calling coyote or cougar in that area.

There is lots of snow on the ground and I am thinking the coyotes would be in the lower areas and possibly bedding down in the creek beds and old placer mining ditches. I don't know for sure since I have not actually scouted for them in that area though.

Al

You might try Rabbit Hole Springs area. Alot of water and cover in that are and not far from Seven Troughs. Pretty much due west of Rye Patch Resevoir. Check your map. Was up in that area last summer (06) and saw alot of sign.

Good luck to you,
Tony /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll be in that area most of next week I think. I need to do some good scouting and exploration anyway. Been way to lax in getting material for the website and my readers may stop dropping off if they don't find new and exciting adventures! Some good coyote pics would just be a good bonus.

Al

Back