Tikka T3 22/250

lowholer1

What bullet weight would you recomend for my Tikka T3 22/250
lite stainless 1 in 14 twist.I hunt coyotes with shots to 200 yards?

try the winchester 45 grain hollow points. they come in a box of forty at walmart for $22.97. cheap and will do the job. If you want to spend a little more money the winchester ballistic silver tips in a 40-55 grain will work really nice also. Hopefully you will find that you will find that your tikka loves factory ammo like all of mine have. I do handload for them but dont really need to. Just to it to save some money.

I like the 50's but would like to add 55 gr pointed soft points will do good up to 250 yards. I did see some Winchester 45's at Sportsmans Warehouse recently for $25.95/box.

I really like my tikka but I can not get it to shoot groups
like my ar or my rem 700 both 223.At 200 yards my ar and rem700 shoot a 1 1/2 in group 55grain factory loads consistently I am not sure of barrell twist on my rem but my ar is 1 in 9.both the above rifles have jewell triggers and I have adjusted my tikka to its softest setting 2lbs.
I will get 2 in 3in circle at 200 and then a flyer 5in off
no real consisntency 50 and 55 grain factory ammo I feel it is not the rifle and it is not me is 1in14 twist desighned for smaller grain bullet or a larger one? PS high quality scopes on all rifles.?????

The 1-14 twist is generally for lighter bullets 40-60 grain Most makers use this twist rate for .22-250. There are a couple like Savage that offer 1-12. The Winchester white box 45's shoot good but I have noticed they foul the barrel quicker. Many of the 50's are boat tail. Some 55's are flat back. If you reload the 52 or 53 gr match are also flat back hollow points.
One other note is Tikka's will improve as you shoot a few boxes. Good Luck

52 gr will give you your best accuracy. If you shoot Sierra then there will be no need to nick the lands. If you try Berger then rest it on or in the lands. Remember, work your way up, not down. Lets face it, if you don't handload then you're only using 60% of what your Tikka is capable of.

Thanks guys I dont hand load but I will have to learn. why is it I can shoot 50 and 55 gr. factory ammo out of my other rifles 223cal. and still have good groups but I struggle with my tikka I am not giving up on it and not dissapointed Just havent found over the counter ammo that will perform like my others! Appreciate all your help Thankyou.Rick Tripod3 I will try some Winchester.

thats what makes a tikka great. take it back and they will either fix it or give you a new one. They guarentee 1" accuracy with factory ammo.

My tikka is not bad at 100 yards it is as good as my other rifles its 200 yards is were they start getting scattered a little .I am sure I just need a good load and have not figured it out yet.The land I hunt is big open country some times my shots are a lot farther than 100 I have other rifles 223 and they will do its just that I know 22/250 is a little flatter shooting than 223.Thanks again for all your help I will get it figured out!! Its a darn nice rifle.

A friend and I both have the t-3 in 250. We bought at the same place and same time. I shoot 45 and 50s. Both of us have the same problem. First 2 shots great. From tha that point on they scatter. Barrel is not hot. He sent his to beretta and it was returned saying nothing was wrong.

I had the exact same problem with mine. Tried many loads and had others shoot it and never found a cure. Sent it back to Berretta and they said it sht fine but I dont think they did more than fire a couple rounds. Finally gave up on it. Have heard of others with the same problem, have only heard of it with the 22-250 and no other calibers.

Ohh and by the way I shoot w/a lot of guys that have hopped up varmint rigs and the only factory gun that continues to impress me w/the right handloads is those shooting savages. That floating bolt head configuration was a great idea.

My Tikka T3 Varmint has shot under MOA since the first shot; mostly handloads. Best shooting "out of the box" rifle I've ever owned. Have shot groups from 0.28 to 0.50" with several different loads! Cannot get 60 gr. Partitions to group real well though; usually (2) under 1" and 3rd. at 1 1/2 to 2". Really didn't expect to get good groups in the 1:14 twist.

Quote:
What bullet weight would you recomend for my Tikka T3 22/250 lite stainless 1 in 14 twist.I hunt coyotes with shots to 200 yards?

My .22-250 Tikka T3 Lite Camo Stainless (thats a mouthful) likes the 55 gr bullets, but will also shoot the lighter stuff well.

Back