HK 630 223 for a predator gun

DaddyRabbit

I have a NIB Heckler and Koch 630 .223 that I am considering making it a predator gun. It would be a first for me as I collect NIB old Brownings and HK's w/out actually putting any of them to work. Does anyone here have any experience w/this type of semi for predator eradication?

I'd sure like to try it out for you. I have shot one of the older model HK's and it did well but it was heavy. I've heard the new models are a little lighter but not quite as accurate. Do you think that is true? It should do just fine.

If I had a 630 that is NIB it wouldn't leave the confines of my safe.
That being said, the sporter H&Ks are great guns and very accurate and would make a fine coyote rifle.
If'n you have second thoughts I would be interested if you want to let it go.

I have one and it works great.Scope mounts are a little tricky as most of them will set your scope up pretty high.We have 2-5rd clips and one ten rounder.never ever jammed and deadly accurate.what good does it do in the safe,take it out and have some fun!!!!

It has the polygonal rifling as all the HK's did which makes for a pretty accurate stick. I have all of the HK's in this style w/the exception of the elusive 222 and 243. I have a shooter 770 .308 that is extremely accurate. The only problem is I like to handload and these babies have a fluted chamber to optimize ejection and it reaps havoc w/brass. When it ejects it slings brass 20' or more. I have a few of the 05 mounts so that would be the mounting system it would employ.

Quote:
I'd sure like to try it out for you. I have shot one of the older model HK's and it did well but it was heavy. I've heard the new models are a little lighter but not quite as accurate. Do you think that is true? It should do just fine.

How does it compare to this one?
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/admin/product_details.php?itemID=13141
If similar condition, I'd be a nervous wreck having it in the field. What kind of action is that, I know nothing about them. Is it semi-auto and that is cocking handle folded on the side? I have one of their pistols a P2000 I'd love to have one of the PM7s but everybody is too proud of them for my wallet. Post some pics of yours if you can.

peace.
unloaded

Back