17/223 vs 17 tactical HELP

timberboss

Do any of you guys know the difference? Is there one? What are the pros and cons. I need to call Todd Kinder at the woodchuch den, until then I was hoping some of you guy's could shed some light on the matter. Which one of these would you choose to have done in AR config. thanks Mike

I believe I read that the Practical 20 was the equivalent of 20/223 whereas the 20 Tactical was different, so there may be a difference in the two 17 rounds. I can't find where I read that info on the 20s right now but I was looking into going with the Practical(20) because I could re-use 223 brass with only neck sizing.
I can't find any info on the 17 Tactical let alone chamber specifications.

I have a 17-223 AR I built. I had Dan Carey make the barrel and I built the rest. The 17 tactical is basically the same except it has a 30 degree shoulder and a little longer neck. According to Kindler there is less case stretch with his 17 Tactical. I don't know if that is true or not as I have not reloaded any of my cases yet as I have several thousand Lake City cases that are once fired to go through.

Back