AZ fox down, by my wife

azcoyotehunter

My wife and I headed out for a quick hunt before the rain hit.

1st stand, I called in a fox. My wife was sitting at the call and I was 60yrds behind her. The fox walked within 10' of my ladder, I waited for him to go for the woodpecker so she would see him and shoot him (I've already gotten enough foxes). He winded her and took off.

Next stand nothing.

3rd stand we called in another Fox. This time we were sitting 30' from the call and woodpecker, the fox came racing in and stopped 10' in front of us staring at the woodpecker. My wife blasted him with the shotgun, at that distance I would have figured it would tear him in half, but she hit low and some of the pellets must have found their way to him because he started to death flop. I walked up and finished him off (with my drag rope). She's getting a rug made out of him now.

She's got a bobcat and a fox, now all she needs is a badger and coyote for the set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

101_0846.jpg

Hey, nice job to Ms. Azcoyotehunter. Good looking fox. Will make a nice trophy. Good luck on getting the grand slam.

Last edited:
tell the wife congratulations! Nothing better looking than a woman in camo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Awesome looking fox.

Question- in that type of terrain are you just hunting for an open spot so you can see the fox approach? I find that many times in areas like yours in the photo I can find an open enough area to guarantee I will see the fox as it approaches. Who knows how many foxes/bobcats/coyotes have shown up and slipped away without me even knowing.

I was wondering if you'd be able to get out today without getting wet. Nice going! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Awesome looking fox.

Question- in that type of terrain are you just hunting for an open spot so you can see the fox approach? I find that many times in areas like yours in the photo I can find an open enough area to guarantee I will see the fox as it approaches. Who knows how many foxes/bobcats/coyotes have shown up and slipped away without me even knowing.

I hunt extremly brushy area's, it's hard to see too far (shotgun or handgun's are perfect), but nobody else wants to hunt there so the animals are plentiful!

Quote:
Quote:
Awesome looking fox.

I hunt extremly brushy area's, it's hard to see too far (shotgun or handgun's are perfect), but nobody else wants to hunt there so the animals are plentiful!

I would agree with that analogy.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats on the fox... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I got some snow this morning. I think you guys still have another storm coming your way.

Very cool that your wife has taken an interest. I was fortunite enough to get my wife in the deer stand with me yesterday, but with temps in the low 80's the movement was way down and she lost interest soon. Keep it up!

Quote:
is that a grey fox or a kit fox?

Grey fox.

There are a lot of them in the area (along with bobcats) but very few coyotes.

Going to head back out there tomorrow after the storm passes and shoot a couple more of them!

Back