Light Force & Night Hunting.

HunterB4

I'm looking into buying a Night Hunter 140 kit, but I have never done a night hunt with artificial lights it's always been by moonlight. I figured with artificial light I won't have to wait 3 weeks for the moon and can get alot more hunting in. I've heard guys say that if you use lights to leave them on while calling? Then I've read on here that some people just periodically scan? Whats the best way to call with lights? Do you call differently???

Also, who has the best price on the Light Force kits? Thanks again guys!

HunterB4

I have the 140 and LOVE it.... when calling coyotes here in Pa, I will scan and then turn the light off... but then again my average stand is 30-45 min..... when calling grey fox, i leave it on... there show up out of nowhere, and do it FAST.... if there is a bright moon and snow, i may not scan just flip it on just before the shot to 100% id the target, and make a clean shot. I have hunted with guys for greys that leave the light off and have seen them catch the rear end heading for higher ground... missed, or poor shot... so i leave it on... I would check with Rick here for a lightforce.... he will take care of you....

Steve

Back