Kalispell, MT coyote hunting

orkan

I am going to be in Kalispell Montana for the next few days... and I'm really wanting to get out and find some coyotes in this area, but am having a difficult time finding ground to hunt. The area is quite different from where I live. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If there is anybody in the area that would be wanting to take a partner out for some dog blasting... PM me or post here and I'll PM you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll kick in for some gas, junk food, and I'll bring my FX3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kalispel is surrounded by national forest. You shouldn't have to go 20 miles in any of three directions to get to one of them. Local stores should have good usgs maps to get you going. Plenty of liberals up there too, season should be open year round on them.

You'll need a conservation licence I believe, and getting to some of the national Forest lands will be tough this time of the year as the snow gets deep in a hurry. There's access but after that the roads climb in elevation where snow gets deep. There is some state owned lands on the valley floor, to access them you'll need a state lands recreation permit. Hope this helps you out. Lots of wolves up there too. Good luck!

I guess I get a Conservation License when I buy a fishing license. I sure hope so because I have been fishing in Montana and hunting Coyotes every year since 1995. I have been checked dozens of times by Montana Game and Fish as well as the USF&G and nobody has ever said a thing to me about it. Does that sound correct 4100FPS. Also, what is the State Lands Recreation Permit? Never heard about that either although it probably wouldnt apply where I go which is the CMR Refuge and is all federal land.

You may or may not need a conservation license, but you will need a state land permit which is $10 Non res. I dont know if im reading the regulations right it says this for nonresident conservation...
"Nonresident prerequisite for all licenses. Includes the state lands license (for hunting, fishing and trapping purposes). Also allows a nonresident who is a Legion of Valor member, regardless of age, to fish."
Not sure if that means you need that to purchase the state land license or if its included...eiter way you are looking at $20 worst case...10 for each...

http://fwp.mt.gov/content/getItem.aspx?id=31056

Predator and Nongame Hunting: Predators and nongame species, except prairie dogs, are unprotected by federal and/or state law or regulation and can be hunted in Montana year-round without a license by both resident and nonresident hunters. A conservation license, or a state school trust lands recreational use license, is required to hunt predators and nongame species on state school trust lands. Permission must be obtained to hunt predators and nongame species on private land. For regulations

Just found this...

Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like some of the state ground is going to be my best bet. Tomorrow I'm going to stop by some local sporting good shops and ask around. Might be able to hook up with somebody that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If not, well I'm going to see if I can track down some local farmers.

In the mean time if anyone that lives around here posts up, just PM me and we'll see if we can smack a few. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll keep checking back, as I'll be here until sunday.

Back