Shooting Stix ?

turkeyeye

I was watching the Outdoor Channel last week and Hunters Specialties outdoors was showing some coyote hunting. I noticed the shooting sticks the guy was using looked like 1" by 2" poles with rubber stretched across them that went over the top of the rifle when it was in the shooting sticks.

My question is was this a commercially made product or does someone have good instructions on how to build one of these?

i watched that at work, i believe they are commercially made, ive seen them or somthing similar before while looking around on the internet.

Those look very similar to the ones I've seen in a lot of coyote videos.

The only problem I have with shooting sticks and bipods where I hunt is the terrain is so varied (rocks, fallen trees and logs, steep hills - basically very rugged) is that whatever shooting sticks or bi-pods I bring are the wrong size for where I need to shoot. I've finally resorted to strapping a camo kneepad (Lowes) on my knee, sitting on the ground and using my elbow to support my rifle. Fits most situations and a lot less stuff to carry around.

I just some stoney point sticks and they work great. They go on your slingpost. the sticks then pop on and off and are ajustable in length and pivot left to right. Ehen your done you just pop off the sticks collapse them and the mount stays on your sling stud always.

Back