Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine

Topic Options
#84146 - 01/10/03 09:30 PM Problem coyotes in St. Louis suburbia
GC Online
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
The St. Louis, Missouri news (Channel 4) carried a story the other night about problem coyotes around the fringes of town. Evidently the coyotes are moving into the big city and snacking on poodles and house cats. People are having their pets munched on and the coyotes show little fear of man, being seen around in daylight hours and not too scared when a broom is swished at them by an irate housewife. Some of the suburbanites won't let their children out in the yard to play because of the numerous coyote sightings.

Evidently the city or county fathers have contracted an ADC man and are paying $500.00 per coyote! The fellow has trapped and dispatched six so far. He caught some flack from some warm and fuzzy types for not live trapping and relocating the coyotes. He chuckled and said the coyote was far too smart for such goings on, and if the city folk wanted to do so, then they should get out there and get after them! Imagine, $500.00 each!

#84147 - 01/10/03 09:37 PM Re: Problem coyotes in St. Louis suburbia
Jimmie in Ky Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Mayfield KY
Varmint hunting in the burbs and a warm welcome at that! I'd dang near drive up there for that myself. But I hate St. Loowiee! WHat any self respecting coyote is doing roaming around in that insane traffic is beyond me.

BTW,didn't they have some visits last winter as well? Jimmie

#84148 - 01/11/03 03:19 PM Re: Problem coyotes in St. Louis suburbia
GC Online
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
Jimmie,
I'm with you on that, the coyotes can have St. Louis as far as I'm concerned. No offense to the fellows who are PM members from St. Louis. It's just that I'm a country boy at heart.

#84149 - 01/13/03 04:42 PM Re: Problem coyotes in St. Louis suburbia
Tally-Ho Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
I agree with you both, I hate the big city and all the traffic that goes with it. But I don't have much of a choice about living here right now.

By the way, I know the guy who is getting rid of the yotes. I should contact him and see if he needs any help, especially for that kind of money.
Acts 16:31 "...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

Moderator:  fw707 

Forum Stats
48004 Members
83 Forums
286010 Topics
2703595 Posts

Max Online: 3771 @ 02/03/14 09:55 PM
Today's Birthdays
billydc_3500, Billyote, cclark, Encore 1, Gregory_shooter, Ky Fur Buster, mgcchkn, mike1104, ms_commodore, nybowhntr, Wind_River_Howler, Yote Butler, yote pup

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.