Problem coyotes in St. Louis suburbia

GC

The St. Louis, Missouri news (Channel 4) carried a story the other night about problem coyotes around the fringes of town. Evidently the coyotes are moving into the big city and snacking on poodles and house cats. People are having their pets munched on and the coyotes show little fear of man, being seen around in daylight hours and not too scared when a broom is swished at them by an irate housewife. Some of the suburbanites won't let their children out in the yard to play because of the numerous coyote sightings.

Evidently the city or county fathers have contracted an ADC man and are paying $500.00 per coyote! The fellow has trapped and dispatched six so far. He caught some flack from some warm and fuzzy types for not live trapping and relocating the coyotes. He chuckled and said the coyote was far too smart for such goings on, and if the city folk wanted to do so, then they should get out there and get after them! Imagine, $500.00 each!

Varmint hunting in the burbs and a warm welcome at that! I'd dang near drive up there for that myself. But I hate St. Loowiee! WHat any self respecting coyote is doing roaming around in that insane traffic is beyond me.

BTW,didn't they have some visits last winter as well? Jimmie

Jimmie,
I'm with you on that, the coyotes can have St. Louis as far as I'm concerned. No offense to the fellows who are PM members from St. Louis. It's just that I'm a country boy at heart.

I agree with you both, I hate the big city and all the traffic that goes with it. But I don't have much of a choice about living here right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

By the way, I know the guy who is getting rid of the yotes. I should contact him and see if he needs any help, especially for that kind of money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back