ar 15 lower parts ?

kec

I have an AR 15 stripped lower (Double Star) and am beginning to order my lower parts for assembly. I was going to get the DPMS parts kit and replace the trigger and possibly the grip. Is there anything else that "should" be replaced before i begin. Also looking for suggestions on triggers/trigger assemblies. I came across some different trigger options at

http://www.del-om/AR_15_Lower_Parts_Match_Triggers_s/87.htm

and was wondering what is a "large hole" lower compared to a "standard" lower. I'm assuming the one I have is a "standard" lower. Being I have never done this before I'm kinda ignorant regarding these differences.

thanx for the help.

Before you order parts, decide what stock, pistol grip and trigger assembly you are going to want in the final product. Don't buy those parts in a kit, you'll never use them (maybe the stock trigger is a good idea to have for an emergency).
If you want a telescoping stock, it requires a different buffer tube/buffer/spring/spacer and nut assembly than the A2 or ACE skeleton.
I ended up with the Jewell 2-stage trigger and Ergo soft grip, but Hoagues are as nice or nicer and the MIAD has a storage space that would come in handy for batteries, plus you can adjust the size. Decide if you want a winter (larger) trigger guard before you buy the stock one, if you're shooting with gloves it's nice.

You want small hole pin parts, the large ones are only found on Colt lowers.

Keep asking as you go, there are about 500 people here that have put together ARs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I agree with coyote grimreaper ar15.com is one of the most informative sights on the net for people with AR's.. You can buy parts off of the equipment exchange.. All the parts off my 2 AR's have come off of ar15.com.. I would buy a DPMS lower parts kit, it is one of the best on the market and after you get the lower parts kit you can upgrade anything you want..

I have a Magpul winter trigger guard and a CAA upg16 6 piece modular grip on both of mine.. I like the Rock River national match triggers..

It's really up to you on how you want your gun. What works for me or someone else may not suit you..

Back