CZ 527 Lux - .22 Hornet ?

SuperSeal110

I ran by a local gun store. They had a USED CZ 527 Lux - .22 Hornet. Gun was spotless, didn't have any handling marks on it. They wanted $399 for it? Good price or no?

I've did a little searching tonight on the 527 in Hornet. Everyone says it's one of the accurate hornets that's out. I did like the gun. Not sure if I need the gun. More of a WANT issue.

Figure I could reload it about the same price as .22mag ammo locally and have a little extra power.

Opinion on the hornet and the CZ 527? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Last edited:
That sounds like a good buy to me. I bought mine used, like new in the box with a set of rings for near $500 and felt good about the price. Mine was a 204 Varmint model. With some of the new powders the hornet is a good performer and fun and quit to shoot.

I was just looking at their website, I made a mistake, it's a 527 Lux.

Thinking about trading a .223 tomorrow for it, or see how much they'll give me for mine.

Already have 4-.223's. I'm planning on thinning them down. Might be a start.

Man! at that price, I would be interested. If you don't take it, send me the contact information for my FFL buddy to get it for me.

The hornet is a great little round and all around fun to shoot. When reloading for it just remember its a hornet, not a 222 or a 223. Your best staying in the medium range with velocity and pressure. I find staying in that area brings good accuracy and brass life. Mine loves those 35gr v-maxes and 296 powder. I dont care what they say about the hornet being outdated because of newer better cartridges, I will never be without one, I love the hornet!

Sweet buy on the rifle too!!

Thank you guys. Pretty much what I wanted to hear.

I believe I'm going to try to trade Howa 1500 w/a timney trigger for it. I'll post pictures if I get it.

Whittakers,,,,,,,,which usually has the best prices on CZ's is selling the 452Lux in 22 Hornet for 486.00. If you can get it for 400.00 you are doing good.
Good luck on the trade.
Later

Here's a couple pictures. I took the front hood off. I was going to tap out the back sight, but going to wait till I take my Leupold VXIII 2.5-8 off my .22lr.

DSCI0061.jpg

DSCI0064.jpg

Try a max load of Lil'gun behind a 45 VMax, sm rifle primer. Pressures are way low (can't get enough powder in the case to overload), and velocities & accuracy are usually great!!
Mark

1st thing I did notice when I got home was the trigger. Very nice, esp on a stock gun.

I picked some LiL gun powder up, 35gr Vmax. I loaded some up, going to shoot tomorrow.

Quote:
WOW thats a pretty stock on that rifle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You got that right. That's a beauty!!!!! Bet it shoots as good as it looks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back