A few more pics

Thank yall for the support. As far as this property goes, I believe it to be a crossing point for all the wildlife, which would be why it produced so much. I removed 17 coyote last year from the same 80 acres. Along with the 26 coyote from it this year, were 9 bobcat, several raccoon, opossum, beaver, skunk, ducks, a couple muskrat and a deer. I think I will be trapping it again next season if my recovery goes well.

Thank you all ... it has been a pleasure sharing this year with each of you. I will sneak on from time to time as long as my wife doesn't catch me sitting up-right ... since the doctor said I couldn't for more than 20 minutes a day after the surgery.

Thanks again yall:

Don't they try to bite you when u grab their tail like that??? A few years ago, I shot one and when I walked up to it and kicked it to see if it was dead it spun around and grabbed my boot!!

This is for those wondering how 80 acres can produce so much.

Quote:
Here goes:

Due to the fact that this particular 80 acres is surrounded on three sides (North, South and East) by approximately 2000 acres of pea patches and corn fields ... and it's bordered on the entire West side by a high traffic road to reduce a Westward escape ... with a creek running the entire length from South to North through the property with a few twist and turns which is also lined with large rocks and boulders ... the relevancy of the location in contrast to the over population of beaver and muskrat as a natural food source on this property will continue to entice other nuisance and predatory animals to build housing, lodges and dens to raise their offspring with the comforts of an abundant food source and natural protection from other wildlife populations. I have determined through extensive and scientifically based studies, utilizing an unbiased panel of youthful experts (of 7, 9, & 10 years old) ... that there could not be a better habitat in this area other than the aforementioned 80 acres.

After careful consideration, countless man hours, endless research with consideration to controlled polls of the general public in order to assure that my conclusions coincide with those that are socially accepted, and with the input of all concerned parties being professionally scrutinized by another independent expert panel of One ... we have determined the final conclusion to the productive nature of this 80 acres as being ... A CROSSING POINT.

We would like to thank all parties for their interest and input in this troubling situation.

Thank you:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I've really enjoyed viewing your pics and reading up on your tactics on this thread.

I wish you a fast and well recovery on your back surgery today.

Good luck!

No problem. I love to share experiences, pictures and knowledge with others. I guess it's the "Instructor" in me from past jobs.

one thing I notes is that sum of your traps are not died why?
I've seen your traps and think that thay may be good so I gut sum. havant used them yet and my trapping has ended so it will be next year be for I will used them but thay look good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gifand love your posting keep on going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't dye the traps that are new. I let nature rust them up for me the first season. The machine oils on the traps does not deter the critters.

Back