Sold: Knife! Damascus Feather.

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Pretty, general use knife, fairly popular blade configuration. "The Feather" As I understand it, was originally designed by the late Bob Engnath. This one is a hammer forged Damascus blade from the Smithy of Dr. Rob Charlton.

I built thin Ivory Micarta scales on it, exposing the damascus at the butt for the lanyard. Pinned it with stainless. Then laid new scales of Red Morrell Burl over the pins and pinned them with Mosaic pins. There's 6 peened pins through this knife. (The mosaic pins aren't mis-shapen, that's just dark reflection, all 4 ends are round and perfect and mirror finished.)

Everything is high luster polished and waxed except the blade. The Tang polished up like a mirror.

Sweet handling and cool looking knife! Feels great in the hand! It's 8 1/2" overall, 4" cutting edge.

Take a look...

DSC02837.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

DSC02839.jpg

DSC02840.jpg

DSC02841.jpg

DSC02842.jpg

DSC02843.jpg

DSC02844.jpg

Sold PF.

Thanks for looking!

How thick is the steel you used on that? Sweet looking knife by the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Paul

Great work Steve! I have a David Winston Damascus with Ironwood that is similar to that one, the shape is very good for a good using knife and some folks don't realize that Damascus makes for an excellent using steel!

Guess what the mailman brought today............yep the knife in this thread. Man all I can say id WOW. Rainshadow this is some very awesome craftmenship you have going on. I am very very impressed. And thank you somuch to you and Mom.

Merry Christmas

Bryan

Woo Hooo! Thanks Bryan, Glad you got it in time! The other "GIFT" knife got delivered on time too, "WHEW!"

Merry Christmas, My Friends!

Back