Double Dog Day!!!!!!!! (lotsa pics)

Quote:
"Thor himself lept from the skies and smote that dog with his hammer."
I like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice job, I sure wish our local coyotes looked like that.
I just got a RR like that with a little longer barrel, it still needs it's first blood.

Thanks AO. I'd never seen one drop that hard in real life. No exit all energy tranferred @ 95yds...I reckon that's nearly as hard as Thor hits.

They were both well furred coyotes. The female was too tore up and had to toss her. I'm really happy w/ my RR. It performed flawlessly. I did notice second set of AM (coldest part of morning) I had to bump the assist to get the bolt into battery. Need to address that before next weekend.

Last edited:
Chupathingy,

Not trying to steal your thunder. I read it somewhere on here a while back and I thought it truly described the impact (I also once had a shingling hatchet named THOR...long story).

I shot 3 coyotes last year w/ a .243 (80gr psp). 2 inside 100yds. The two up close, acted like a freight train had ran through them...walking dead, stumbled 10yds. These two dogs w/ the .223 (55gr Vmax), they acted like something had exploded inside them (DUH?).

I'm just yankin your'e chain bro. I've seen'em drop like that I don't know how many times. My brother the comic book junkie got me sayin that when we go huntin. It is a very descriptive analogy tho isn't it?

Back