Home made snow camo , head to toe cheap (pic)

Rennat

Here is my snow camo i put together for under $30.00 it will be worn over top of my snow suit which is black
1 - pair of scrubs pants xxl walmart -$9.98
2 white knit hats - walmart $1.42 each one is used as a face mask
1 white hooded sweatshirt xxxl - Mardens $9.99
1- permanent marker for making my sweatshirt camo walmart-$2.29
1- pair of white gloves- walmart $3.98
for a grand total of $29.08

l_77d735f2613335bf59c0fff2763a468d.jpg

me standing in my living room for the picture while my wife laughs at me PRICELESS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I have a good idea to use these tyvex suits from work! it will be free but i need to get one big enough to go over my other clothes! that does look good though. nice job drawing those on too!

Very nice! Thanks for sharing that. That brings the cost of snow camo back in line with what most of us can afford. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
I have a good idea to use these tyvex suits from work! it will be free but i need to get one big enough to go over my other clothes! that does look good though. nice job drawing those on too!

They work great,really look good when they get some grime on them.

11-04-07_2314.jpg

12-07-07_1404.jpg

im just getting the last of this winter ghillie done had the camo i got the white sheets from resale store got 15 bucks in it

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow,,, That's really white 'snow'... I hope a yote doesn't feel the need to mark it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Very nice! Thanks for sharing that. That brings the cost of snow camo back in line with what most of us can afford. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Amen to that NASA snow camo is rediculously expensive.

Rennat,
Nicely done I have a suit that I am wanting to do the same to. I went to cal ranch and bought an all white xxxL painters suit for $20. I have debated taking a brown permanant marker to it like you did to the sweater but was a little worried about what it would look like. After seeing your I may have the wife go to town on the suit with the marker.

How about a lightweight disposable painters 1 piece suit, for about $4.99 at Walmart, a grey or green marker can add some break up lines, a painters hat or white beany preferrably w/ a mask and your set for about $10.00 total, it has worked for me in the past.....

These are all great ideas. It's a pleasure to see the innovators put their handiwork on the table for us to learn from. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Both of those camo jobs are outstanding. If a guy builds something for himself, it always beats buying it. Well done, gents.

Last edited:
Nice camo. Lets see some pictures of them out in the field. I've got to decide which one to build. I leaning toward the walmart version. I have built ghillies in the past and it's a lot of work. I love building something thats functional while saving some money. I have some military whites but they are so bulky and the top is so long its a pain in the but to wear them. I just might be stopping by wally worlds on the way home from work. thanks for the idea

Sorry i cant be seen to take Photo in the Field LOL ill post it when i get some in the field its worth the work and even in i dont get any coyotes i can start a Yeti Hoax

Back