KNIVES! Sold + To Order pieces...

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Lots of photos...

SOLD. Probably my COOOLEST knife to date! I wanted to practice a couple elements, and they both came out super! The butt cap and double brass bolster assembly. All with 1/4 brass barstock.

This is a hammer forged to shape Damascus Hidden Tang Blade, called the "Sharpie," from the smithy of Dr. Robert L. Charlton. Really nice heft, feel, and touch. 4" blade, 7.5" overall. Brass, red spacers and Moose Antler.

Enjoy some photos....

DSC02821.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02819.jpg

DSC02818.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

DSC02816.jpg

DSC02815.jpg

DSC02814.jpg

The crack is limited to the surface of the antler, it's solid down below. Just adds character.

The butt cap is laminated with all the other pieces AND pinned from the sides and the butt. Mechanical and adhesive assembly.

SOLD! Sheathed to order and Shipped to your door. (Should make it by Christmas!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Several more posts coming in this thread...

Some To Order Samples...

This is a Provision Forge, Hand Made high carbon Blade called the "Oregon Outfitter" built by Bladesmith Gene Martin. I sanded and polished it, ground on a 20 degree edge and sharpened it, and di a little custom shaping on the thumb swale. I then installed Cocobolo and Bone Scales with Silver Spacers, and Mosaic and Stainless pins. Came out NICE! Super quality blade, and great lay up for a fellow Member here...

DSC02809.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02810.jpg

More...

Another...

This is another Cocobol and bone lay up, with black spacers and Mosaic pins. On a really popular, super handling production AUS6 Stainless blade...

DSC02808.jpg

DSC02807.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

More...

You are making some of the "Sharpest" knives around. I really like your craftsmanship. If you get a blade in damascus that is similar to the Alaska Knives Skinner I would be really interested.
Dave

PM in a few minutes, Dave...

Another...

Same blade, with different Mosaic Pins, White spacers, and Purple heart. This one came out Sweet! (Almost all my knives have some custom shaping to them.)

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02802.jpg

DSC02801.jpg

More...

Another...

Here's one I was building to spec when a customer wanted it for a Christmas present. I was practicing the brass bolster, which came out really nice, with the angle and everything... Large, willowy, 440c stainless Skinner blade, Black Mycarta Grips, Brass bolster and Pins. I built a pancake sheath with a initial branded on it for this one...

DSC02799.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

DSC02797.jpg

DSC02796.jpg

More...

Thanks Weasel!

Ok, last on for this post...

Another favorite small skinner blade, slightly customized. Black Mycarta, Mosaic Pins. Clean, clean, clean!

DSC02795.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

DSC02793.jpg

DSC02792.jpg

Thanks guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

If you're interested in having a knife built, please do PM or e-mail. I'd love to do one up for you.
Kinda down to the wire on Christmas orders, but it's still possible for several more days.
I'm still cheaper than most Knifesmiths, so take advantage of me! Gene Martin, of Provision Forge (Master Bladesmith) told me I should be charging 3 times my cost as a beginner... I'm not charging that yet, and I'm building most of my sheaths for free!

Man oh man Steve, I am loven it. I am not sure if I should jump on that first one or wait to see the feather your building first???? This is like being a kid in a candy store.

I was waiting for some material before I did the Feather, so I did the Sharpie first... It's in now, so the feather is my next personal project, until another To Order blade comes in, then I have to switch over to it. But I might get it done soon, stranger things have happened!!!

Steve I aint much of a knife man. But you sure have some beautiful work. That antler knife is a great looker with the dumaskus (sp) blade. If you keep building knives like that I may have to be throwing that old gerber I been packing around in the brush. Very nice. Brandon

wicked nice looking Steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif
the Provision Forge looks perfect, really looking forward to using it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks,

Ok, The Sharpie is sold. Thanks Gary. Thanks for the comments guys.

Guys, Let me know if you're interested in having a knife built...

Any way you could make one like the first one, but with elk antler? And also with just a regular work quality blade? I'd be afraid to get that one bloody /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif As long as its sharp its good lol. If so, drop me a pm with info and maybe and estimate on what it might cost. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
Back