yote, up close & personal

XiBowhunter
This is a hound forum!!
I would really think if this bothers you this much then you should probly find a diff page to look at!
You should see my stags run a yote!! It is over 98% of the time before i can get there!! Most the time i can see the catch!!
There is no way to get to the stags and shoot the yote!! The only way they are going to hold the yote so you could shoot it is penned down and dead!! if you want to waste a bullit and shoot a dead yote help your self Buddy!!
You act like these hounds are house pets and in a beauty contest!!
You ever watch how much a hound enjoys it after a catch!! Like today My hounds run a yote from 11:00am this morning until 4:45 tonight
I counted over 12 siff sections that they went throu and some of those were big!! they never caught the yote but they gave 100%and if they would of caught it it would of been all them cause they deserved it all the way!!

have a nice day!!

Vargy

XIBowhunter,It is very clear to me that you have no idea what you are talking about.For one the pic of mine you put up in your last post is not a "fight" it is a "bay".There is no biting and no blood shed.The coyote in the pic was shot and wounded buy a hunter.(not myself)But I feel the yote should be caught and killed.My dogs trailed that yote over 250yrds and held it until I got there.Yes I took a few pics.SO WHAT.The yote was then shot in the head.I don't know where you get off thinking you are so wonderful that you can try and get after the dog men on this board.Heres some heads up for you,I don't care what you think because you are uneducated in this debate.A coyote is not a dog.It is a predator that kills all manner of game and livestock,I will kill every coyote that I can,be it with trap,snare ,gun,or dog.My dogs will kill a coyote and I take no shame in that.Maybe you should go to a PETA web site and visit with people of your like mindedness.Your entitled to your opinion,but if you think you can bust my nuts with no response you're more mistaken than I first thought.Duane.

XIBowhunter,I got to thinking about my post from last night,and how I may have hurt your poor little feelings.So...I thought I would post a warm fuzzy pic of my coyote dogs to make you feel better.
warmfuzzypuppies.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
XIBowhunter,It is very clear to me that you have no idea what you are talking about.For one the pic of mine you put up in your last post is not a "fight" it is a "bay".There is no biting and no blood shed.The coyote in the pic was shot and wounded buy a hunter.(not myself)But I feel the yote should be caught and killed.My dogs trailed that yote over 250yrds and held it until I got there.Yes I took a few pics.SO WHAT.The yote was then shot in the head.I don't know where you get off thinking you are so wonderful that you can try and get after the dog men on this board.Heres some heads up for you,I don't care what you think because you are uneducated in this debate.A coyote is not a dog.It is a predator that kills all manner of game and livestock,I will kill every coyote that I can,be it with trap,snare ,gun,or dog.My dogs will kill a coyote and I take no shame in that.Maybe you should go to a PETA web site and visit with people of your like mindedness.Your entitled to your opinion,but if you think you can bust my nuts with no response you're more mistaken than I first thought.Duane.

I'm the one that's uneducated? That's a laugh after reading your post. No biting and no bloodshed? Someone is buttering it up aren't they. You say there is no bloodshed, then you say that if your mutts kill a yote "so what" in the same breath. Try not talking out of both sides of your mouth next time. And if you think a yote is not a dog, you are more uneducated than YOU think. A yote is a breed of wild dog, where all dogs once came from. I'll bust your balls all I want as long as you keep making hilarious and ignorant posts like this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My first point, before this topic went on a tangent, is why not kill the yote yourself, and save the injury of the dogs.

Vargy pointed this out XI, that is why we run multiple hounds. The coyote is normally out within a few minutes with good hounds that know how to take care of a coyote. Also then again on some coyotes, they know how to hold off hounds for longer. I'm not letting anyone shoot the coyote with my hounds standing near it. Just because you may have a clear shot for a second, it may only be a second and when you pull that trigger one hound may move directly into the path. Or just they plain miss the coyote.
Most hounds are smart when they have a coyote caught. They know when they are in trouble and back up a little. Other times they know when they are in control and don't back down, (this is most of the time) that why we run multiple hounds.
I do think you are uneducated about your responces dealing with hound hunting. To learn you have to either go, or ask questions. You are asking questions, but you are criticizing with every answer you get, or even criticizing with the questions. That won't get you far in here, being critical of who you are wanting to know information from. Thanks, MO

XiBowhunter
I know i am just a hound hunter on this forum!! But you have not made a very good welcome here!! I dont say how you hunt is wrong and please dont tell us how we do is wrong!!I can tell that you dont know much about hounds!! They are not bird dogs that hunt in one field at a time!! They are not beagles that run a rabbit around and around in a brush patch!!
This Sunday my stags caught a yote!! When i sent them the yote was probly 700 to 800 yards already across the road!!
They went over the hill so i didnt get to see the catch!!
I drove a 1/4 mile and made a turn and drove another 1/4 trying to see where they went!!
I couldnt see them and went back to where i sent them!!
They always return to where they were sent from if they dont catch!!
I was pulling up to where i sent them and could see 2 of them coming back to the truck!!
I thought to my self they missed him!! They get to the truck and are covered in blood!!
I walk in to where they went over the hill and find the yote!! It was over that fast!!
No way you would of had time to walk in and shoot it!! And Mo made a very good point!! You have never been around hounds and try shooting a yote with out hitting a hound!!
You wont do it around my hounds cause there is no getting them away from the yote for a shot with out danger to hitting a hound!!
I would think if you think this is so bad that you would find another web site or page to look at!!

Vargy

Xibowhunter,I was refering to the pic of mine you reposted.
I never stated my dogs don't,won't,or never bite or kill a coyote.As a matter of fact I've stated the opposite many times on this board and posted many pics.
As for the "mutts" comment I'll chalk one more up to you being ignorant.
A dog fight is two dogs trained to fight thrown in a ring and encouraged to fight.Hunting with dogs is not dog fighting. If you don't understand this or won't try to understand why dog men hunt the way we do,act like a fox,"mouth shut, ears open"You will be alot wiser for it.

Hey, go easy on the beagle comment! I love the little hounds and they bust their rear when running rabbits through the thick stuff. I've seen their tails stripped of hair for the last several inches from the briars tearing them and races that go on for a quite a long time. They are honest, hard working little hounds that are as game as anything else in the field, loyal and protective of the human family they love.

I do have an honest question... Why are you guys so afraid to shoot the coyote when the hounds have it bayed? Bear and hog hunters do it all the time, why not ya'll?

GC
I was not running beagles down at all!! I love running beagles to!!
When i had beagles i would take them out and sit on my 4 wheeler for hours and listen to them run the rabbits!!
I love watching a good bird dog do its work to!!
I am not araid to shoot the yotes!! when i use to shoot i killed over 60 yotes ayear around here!!
But i have never shot a yote that is bayed up!!
Like Mo said its omost impossiable to get a safe shot with the hounds there!!
Most the time its over by the time we get there any way!!
when the hounds catch it puts more drive in them to run harder next time!!
if you would of seen my hounds this last weekend!! the shape they were in from running 3 days in a row!! Thier feet were raw from running so hard so many miles!!
It helps put that drive in them when they catch!!

Vargy

XiBowhunter are you blaming hound owners for letting there dogs do what they love to do. I guess you should blame all the Duck and Goose hunters aswell for not having respect for there dogs, because they let them swim through Ice cold water to go get the dam duck you just shot, swim and get it yourself, and see if you can handle that to your body. Or the pheasent hunters for letting the dogs run fense lines sniffing out them birds and then going through a barbed wire fense and gets cut open, but you are using the dogs to do your job. Put your nose to the ground and sniff and I will hunt behind you. The dogs are not trained to kill, like dog fights are. The hounds do bay coyotes up, and what are they suppose to do wait till you get out of your vehicle and tromp through fields, and then through the woods, and then up the hills. Hmmmmmmm And then what are the hounds to if the yote starts a fit, what run away, I do not think so, they will defend themselves, because no one is there to help. I would love to see you run with the hounds, and you can carrie what ever you like to kill the coyote, you could run 200 yards, which is good, its just to bad the dogs are a mile 1/2 ahead of you.
These pics here are the hounds that bayed a yote, well the yote started the fight before we got there
18904coyote_hunting_007.jpg

18904coyote_hunting_005.jpg

but the dogs finished it

18904coyote_hunting_006.jpg

Last edited:
Guys,I just don't think he gets it.We all do the best we can to "protect"our dogs,I know I do.I saw a bear,hound fight on the ground,and when I got there the bear had my dog IN IT'S MOUTH! I couldn't shoot the bear so I whacked in it the head with a 4cell mag light.We have all been there.My coyote dog pups have been in a bad spot .I WILL SHOOT THE YOTE.I can't figure why xibowhunter has his panties in a wad except he just doesn't get it.

Duane you make a good point about protecting our hounds. Just this year on one catch, one hound got bit pretty good and the coyote wasn't letting go. Coyote had the hound by the back foot. Anyway I stomped on the coyotes neck, chest and everything and couldn't get him to release. I went as far as to put my hand in the coyote's mouth to pry it open. And suprizingly I got him to release it just enough that Moe pulled his foot out. Looking back on that, that's a really silly move on my part, but I wasn't just gonna stand there and let the coyote take over like that. It was just a quick desicion that I made to help my hound out. Last year we caught a coyote in a creek. I started taking off my bibs and coat (it wasn't real cold) and attached leads to me and my buddies on shore in case I had to go in the water to save a hound. The creek was flowing pretty fast I couldn't just stand there again and watch a hound float down the creek. Once again it wouldn't have been a good move on my part to get in the water, but I feel I have a responsibilty to do what I can to keep my hounds safe.
Guys if we want our hounds to perform, we have to take proper care of our hounds. Its just like anything else, if you take care of them, they'll take care of you. See ya, MO

Watch it Nate- they might sic the hounds on you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
How's life in the sand box?
Watch you a$$ and get back here (US OF A) asap!

i`m really surprized at how far this post has gone. some people will just never understand.here`s a photo of my buddies hand after trying to open a yotes jaws off one of my hounds. we all try to keep our hounds safe, but i`m not stupid enough to try to open a yotes mouth with bare hands. these photos were taken after he was all cleaned up.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Last edited:
When It come to our dogs,we are all "nuts",I will bleed for my dogs and they will for me,its all a fair trade.My dogs had a badger bayed,and when I got them of it for a shot the badger climbed my leg,My old dog jumped right in the middle of an old boar badger and knocked him off me.I shot the badger with a pistol,and had to give the dog 21 stitches.I feel like if I have to take a few for my dog its "OK".
Thats what some people can't understand.
God bless the man that cares for his dogs.

Back