curs and cold weather`

JoeNovosel

We finally got some snow here and my dog has been going out in it fine, this morning i took her out to use the bathroom she wasnt out there longer than 20 minutes. when i brought her in she sat next to me shaking really bad, this is the first time she has done this and was fine all yesterday! he is a mountain cur/blackmouth cur mix. so how do these dogs handle the cold weather???

On a side note she alos has a weird line of hair on the middle of her back that almost looks like the rodesian ridgebacks do. but not as prominant as theirs, maybe shes mixed with one or maybe its just weird hair!!

I use mine on cats most of the winter and they do fine. I also have one dog that has a weird line of hair that becomes real apparent when his hackles are raised.

All my hounds have short hair and live outside,they do ok all winter in the cold.I feed a good ration and give them a wind break in their kennels.When hunting I take them in a dog box.Hope this helps with your curs.

I might add you live in the banana belt down there in SLC my dogs are outside in a much harsher climate than yours. I just keep them out of the wind and add good bedding.

After getting rid of my hounds I had some curs for awhile. They all stayed outside all winter. Most would chew the hard rubber doors off of their dog houses. Just throw in some hay a couple times each winter and they all did just fine even without doors on the houses. Temps in winter down below zero

CB

Back