Educate Me

True, but if you look at any breed it's almost all speculation on what various dogs went into the early breeding. The ALCBA have very strict breeding standards, but you know as well as I do there is one problem with the equation and that is the Human part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have heard way back that july hounds might have been part of the early mix, I have heard some early hound infusion, I have heard Tenn treeing brindles. I do know for quite a while now the ALCBA has tried hard to breed for hunting ability. It is one of the few registries that requires three folks to sign off and witnees the dog is able to track and tree it's own game before it is permanently registered. And only permanently registered dogs are allowed to breed. Pups from to ALCBA appendix registered dogs cannot be registered since the parents were not permanently registered. They are more concerned with hunting ability then a strict color or other breed "looks". Not perfect in anyway, but they are striving for top hunting dogs.

I love some of the terrier breeds, such personailties and tenacious!!

Quote:
The feist is very much like a terrier with more treeing instinct and a heck of a lot easier to handle. They are like a cross of a terrier and a cur. Check out coyotegods.com (I think thats the site) for info on Airedales.

If I had it all to do over again I'd find me a good, smaller Mountain Cur or larger feist. I'd find one from breeding that hunts close.

You guys keep pumping out information! Turns out my wife is going to be a "hard sell". I'll keep looking and researching. Thanks!

Back