A couple more Custom Knives ready for work

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
These two have been sold.

They represent a couple more design ideas.

(If you're waiting for a knife from me, I'm waiting for steel... tis the season... for slow mail deliveries! The owners of these two have seen them already...)

This is a custom Caping Knife that some GUY special requested! Sweet handling little knife! I may do more sometime later. It's a nice design.

I laid up this grip with a red carbon spacer, cocobolo scale, and smoothed bone scale. The nickle pins and the Mosaic pin are peened. Finished off with a mosaic lanyard tube.

Enjoy a couple angles of this one...

DSC02768.jpg

DSC02766.jpg

DSC02770.jpg

DSC02758.jpg

Next we have a favorite blade, with a little different twist. It's a Purpleheart scale on a red spacer. The inlay is Siberian Wooly Mammoth "bark" Ivory. Neat stuff. Handles like petrified antler. The steel has some custom shaping at the thumb and index.

Enjoy a few shots of this one...

DSC02765.jpg

DSC02775.jpg

DSC02776.jpg

DSC02774.jpg

Here's a photo on the last Damascus I did, in case you didn't see the slideshow...

DSC02747.jpg

I'm waiting for steel, so in the meanwhile I'm designing a Damascus Feather that I'm going to try to tempt Stoney with!

If you have an order on my list, the minute the steel arrives... I'm on it!

Thanks Guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks Tony. I'll turn more calls again soon. (Matching Call/Knife sets too!) But it's just too much fun to back off of now!

Yes, Dave. It's a Mosaic tube. Was planning to use the same kind of deal on yours. Or I could use pain tube, brass or stainless. (I hope your Provision Forge blade comes today, it shipped Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing another Gene Martin blade!)

Quote:
Yes, Dave. It's a Mosaic tube. Was planning to use the same kind of deal on yours.

that one works for me, it looks real nice.
looking forward to it.

Really super work Steve! I know I really enjoy using the knife that you made for me. I don't know how I did without it for as long as I did, it just handles beautifully. Thanks again--John.

Thanks guys, all. I really appreciate the encouragement, it means alot.

Got the Martin blade today, Dave... Wow. Holey Wow. I'll get after it!

Quote:
Got the Martin blade today, Dave... Wow. Holey Wow. I'll get after it!

can't wait.
my wife asked me what I wanted for christmas, and I showed her your knife pics and told her it was already on order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

between your knife and arkyyoter's copperhead howler, it's looking like a very nice christmas for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back