Dead Coyote Load???

It's a good load, just be careful and don't get caught up in the hype of 70 - 100 yard "testimonials."

yeah. i agree with gc.. i shot it this past weekend for the first time out of my benelli and i was not over impressed at 40 yards with it.. it might hit harder and penetrate better but its hard to get worked up over a scattered out group like i shot.. and that was with a kicks choke tube too.. for now im sticking with the federal lead bb's until i do some more shooting with them...

I use Dead Coyote and love it but you got to use a tight choke .670 or better.A Benelli needs a tighter choke than most per the hevi shot tech people.I wish mySBE was taped for mounting a scope like the new SBEs are.

Here is a 50 yard pattern of 3" Remington High density BB's. Shotgun is an older BPS Browning that takes standard Invector tube. Choke is a Comp-n-Choke .685.
CompnChoke.jpg

Rich,
How about adding that pic to my Shotgun Pattern post? It'd be a great addition. I'm going out tomorrow to do some more pattern work, this time with a .670" Kick's GT. I'll update that big thread with the results and pic's when I get done tomorrow evening.

Well most like the DC load, and the Remington HD is up and coming real fast based on GC, Bob's testing .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I'll say that shooting the DC load I feel good to 60 yards.

But if you don't believe it ok, believe that the hevishot pellets will out penetrate lead pellets all day long and that a lone is very important in predator hunting.

But in thick cover hunting the lead #4 buckshot is still doing just fine by me.........

It's nice to have a couple hevishot loads for those little longer than normal shots.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

guys, I use a Hastings turkey choke in my 11/87 and 20"
patterns are normal at 40 yards.

If your choke is not living up to your expectations, you may want to give one a try.

I had the very wierd experience of patterning some Remington Factory 000 Remington buck for my brother to deer hunt with, and at 40 yards, all pellets were in a 15" circle.

Rich, I think that your pattern at 50 yards is simply outstanding, guaranteed to roll a coyote.

I would really like to shoot a pattern like that Rich! Since I found out I can't use the #4 Buck I'm having a hard time finding a good load/choke combo. The buckshot load was very good at 40 yds or so. Might have to try that Remington BB load, have tried the Federal BB load but not impressed at all with it in my shotgun.

berettaman,
The 50 yard pattern was shot with Remington's High Density BB's, which is a tungston mixture that is heavier and much harder than lead. At 32.00 for ten rounds, it ain't cheap. It is worth it for ME though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich are you going for the $15.00 cash back per box from Remington? It only took about 4 weeks for Remington to send me a $150.00 check for the 10 boxes I bought.

You really need the right choke to use this stuff. And a choke cost no more that a box of Dead Coyote. Get the right combo and you will be impressed. It is dense so it will hold a pattern very well and hit hard when it gets there. Unfortuantly it costs a lot to test all of this out. Check out all the forums and find a good choke for you gun and pattern it. Personally I like the BBs and #2 better but love Heavy Shot.

Rocky

derbyacresbob,
Ten boxes? Dang, I wish I had YOUR money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for the tip, I will save my boxes.

Back