curs

How young is too young to hunt? Hunter started tagging along with me at 3 months and was only 6 months when he brought in his first coyotes(picture in avatar)

I was pretty careful with him at that age, at the same time by 4 months he was whipping dogs twice his size and by 9 months was ready to get bit a little during a denning trip now he looks forward to the fight I started him pretty young but was careful and so far so good

You are wise to not start dogs to young.All dogs are different,and some will take a beating,and just get more fired up,others will flat out quit.My advise hunting dogs less than a year,is to be VERY CAREFUL.I start all my dogs young,but always with an older dog,and keep them close.
Just my opinion. Duane

I had 3 month old pup get out of the dog box one time while some older pups were working a trainer this pup dove head long into the fight and got himself stretched, cut up, bloodied and brusied. I was sure he would never mix it up again, turns out he became on of the most suicidal dogs I have ever owned and culled himself before his first birthday. With all that said I tend to take it easy with young dogs too.

Back