use of siren

Gomer_Pyle

Wanting to make sure I am correct...
Using a siren sound is ONLY to hear them howl in response to the siren so I can choose a set up location based on their current location. Although anything can happen, you wouldn't expect coyotes to come into a siren....just howl in response to it.
You don't go and set up immediately after using the siren, though, correct? wait a short while?

all i use the siren for is to get em to howl so I know where they are, I do this the night before and head that direcion in the morning. If I was to do it in the mornin I would set up immediatyely after using the siren. If the siren don't get em howling the coyote locator does. I use the siren cause like you I figure they will just howl and less likely be intersted in commin in.

t/c223encore.

I've actually had a few come in when I've used a siren, so make sure you're ready for some action, just in case. Normally it's just to locate them though.

Generaly just to locate them, have only had a few come to investigate the siren- most of them know its not the lunch truck where I hunt

back in the late50's and mid 60's i had an old civil air patrol hand cranked siren. i used it every now and then and almost always they would howl back. i always just walked towards where they howled from and made a stand. make sure your truck is parked where you are out of site before you howl, you don't wanna go over and start the truck after you have em located

Back