input needed on this 22 hornet

iblong

I was looking at rifles this weekend,imagaine that.
Any way I came across a charles daly 22 hornet W/mauser action 22''barrel in real good condition,My understanding is they are built in Russia,has any one had or shot one and what did you think?
I can pick this up for 269.00.
Thanks for the help.
Iblong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

It is made by Zastava Arms (charles daly marketed them just under his name ,mini mausers also known as)i have one in 22lr calbre well made nice wood and i am very impressed by the factory good blueing job they have done on it .My one is call a zastava cz99 precison and i got a 5 shot and a 10 shot mag when i bought it new.I would by it if i saw one in hornet but i suggest you should fill the magzine and just make sure it feeds ammo correctly if it doesnt the bridge port needs to be adjusted other than that you shouldnt have any problem.

Thanks for the post and link.
I had never heard of these before,but the hornet looked well made, fit and finish were nice also.

You might also take a look at the CZ 527's. They also can be had in a Hornet. Here's their address.

http://www.cz-usa.com/

I shoot one in a 204 Ruger and it's very accurate.

CZ527-204-2.jpg

Thanks Bob.
I would love a cz heard nothing but good about them,all my current rifles are Savages but if I could find one for the right price I would not hesitate.I like the detachable clip. Truth is I do not need another rifle, but I want one.lol
Bob

Quote:
You might also take a look at the CZ 527's. They also can be had in a Hornet. Here's their address.

CZ527-204-2.jpg

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! UMMM theres a durn real good chance that the Charles daly version still Has its CZ factory butt pad on it- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Its made by (Drum Roll)......... CZ.
Wheres that nose picker smiley when ya need it?

Same story with the remmy 799. Its a mini mauser and one heck of a neat little rifle, as is any other rifle built on that action.

Quote:
Quote:

CZ527-204-2.jpg

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! UMMM theres a durn real good chance that the Charles daly version still Has its CZ factory butt pad on it- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Its made by (Drum Roll)......... CZ.
Wheres that nose picker smiley when ya need it?

Same story with the remmy 799. Its a mini mauser and one heck of a neat little rifle, as is any other rifle built on that action.

Yotenaylor:

If your train gets any further off the tracks, you might need pontoons to keep it afloat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The old Charles Daly/now Remington 799 actions are made in Yugoslavia by Zavodi Crevena Zastava. At one time they were known as Mark X "Mini-Mausers" and were imported by Interarms of Alexandria Va. The ZCZ trademark which is stamped on the left side of the old Interarms receivers is the letters ZCZ within a circle. The larger Mark X/CD/798 Remington actions are also made by ZCZ.

The CZ rifles are made by Ceska zbrojovka Uhersky Brod which is a Czechoslovakian company. It is commonly know as CZ.

In terms of the actions themselves, the Yuogslava Zastava actions are actually commercial versions of the 98 Mauser military action designed by Peter Paul Mauser. All have staggered internal box magazines with the exception of the action designed for the 22 Hornet which has a removable box magazine to facilitate feeding of the Hornet cartridge.

Although the CZ rifle action has the appearance and some features of a true Mauser action, and thus it often gets called a Mauser action, Peter Paul probably rolls in his grave seeing a rifle action with a removable single column box magazine attached to his name. He saw the internal staggered column box magazine as one of his crowning achievements for military use and had various patents on the design.

With the expiration of the patents, many commercial rifle actions today utilize his patented design and today it's a common feature of commercial bolt action rifles....

HTH - BCB

Just picked up a CZ 527 American in 22 Hornet about a week ago. Quite the shooter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
[image]
brooke002-1.jpg
[/image]

guess what the CZ is a mauser action and the company that makes it has made mausers for the last 60 or so years. The company is actually named ceskoslovenska zbrojovka aka BRNO they are famous for the VZ24s. They are as Mauser as Mausers come yes they may have a single stack magazine but they are still Mausers.

I have a CZ Lux in .22 hornet and it's very accurate with 35g vmax w/13g of lil gun.

Since this site is pretty lame on picture hosting, I had to make this pretty small.
DSCI0132-1-1.jpg

Bayou City Boy is absolutely correct in that they are two different companies. If you look up C Z in the Blue Book of Gun Values it gives a quite comprehensive history of the progression of the company. I have heard that european manufacturers cut the hornet chambers tighter than american companies which should give better accuracy. I have not measured the chambers but I do know the C Zs in hornet are accurate.

Oh by the way that sounds like it would be a good buy. I am not sure why a person would want a 22 hornet but I wouldn't be without at least one. If you reload you can shoot one for about what a 17HMR would cost with a lot more energy. In my opinion the best factory shells I have found are the Remington 45 grain either soft point or hollow point.

Back