Coyote hunting in Mesquite NV

My brother and I are making a trip to Mesquite and Vegas this weekend. We plan to get out and do a little calling around Mesquite or close by anyway. Only problem is, we'll be in the new Mustang and probably will have to hoof it from the blacktop. Any thoughts or, probably gonna regret this, jokes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Check along the river near Bunkerville or Riverside. There are dogs, pigs and bobcats. Just keep away from the cows.

Thanks John, Is that an area I can get close to in the mustang and walk in? I've never hunted this part of the state before but I've always wanted too. Wonder how many coyotes and bobs I can fit in that trunk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif My wife is gonna kill me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Get a Camaro and go off road and get them....like a rock!!!! SM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Wonder how many coyotes and bobs I can fit in that trunk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Better only be filling that trunk with coyotes as bobcats are off limits to nonresident hunters.

Thanks Crapshoot. I just read that on the Nevada DWR website. That would really stink to get the car impounded and tossed in jail over a Nevada bobcat. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the difference in cost of use vs potential damage,,, I'd park the pony, rent a jeep for the day, and not look back...

Is Mesquite still infested with those Russian pigs? I recall back when I was stationed at Nellis back in 89-92 that that place was said to be crawling with them...Plus it was a heck of a lot smaller. Mesquite has been built up a heck of a lot since I lived out there. From what we heard there was a exotic game farm out that way that shut down back, and they didn't get all of the pigs out.

Back