Idaho Rock Chucks????

smokingun

Anyone from southern Idaho know of any good places to shoot rock chucks. PM me and let me know. It would be much appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

smokingun,

Don't expect you will get many to divulge their honey holes for chucks. Good spots are getting hard to come by anymore. Don't know if you are aware of it or not, but they hibernate from late summer till spring time. You will start seeing them out around March or April. You will have to hook up with someone or spend some time and gas to find them.

BoomSplat

Used to be a bunch between Weiser and Council Idaho. I haven't hunted down there for a bunch of years so don't know how it is now. I used to just park off of 95 and hunt the rock piles near the road.

Up in Lewiston near where I live they have infested the river front park so badly that they had to rebuild the levi's along the Snake River from the damage they caused. They can't be hunted so they are big and fat and loll around all day in the sun. I can't hardly drive by them cause my trigger finger is twitching so badly.

I hunt southern Idaho for chucks. Like BoomSplat said the hunting really shuts off after about July unless you hit the high country. Maybe we can get together and chase some next spring.

i shot a bunch between mt home and twin falls....thats all i can give you

in reality, i dont know much but i whacked a few in jerome this year, nothin special

Last edited:
Can't help you in Idaho.But if your ever in my neck of the desert,I can turn you onto a productive spot.Not sure how close we are to each other

nvhntr,

Where are you at?????

I`m in Northern Nevada once a month and always looking to hook up with a new huntin` partner.

Im located 160 miles east of Reno in a little town called Winnemucca.Id be more than happy to get with ya,just let me know when your around and Ill see how the schedule works out.

I know Winnemucca....I have 4 rental houses in Idaho and i`m always cruizing through on my way to them.

PM me and let me know when the BEST time for chucks is in your neck of the woods and i`m sure that i`ll be through there soon.

Phil.

Back