camo neoprene gun covers

yotedog

Has anybody ever used the camo neoprene gun covers from cabela's?? Most of my guns have stainless barrels on them and always worry about the glint off of them. I dont want to paint them. I have tried vet wrap and a gun sock but it just really does not stay on that well!! I just wandered if anybody has tried this and if it worked?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I have one on my .243 - the barrel piece is cut-to-fit length. The forestock was too short though and I was disappointed at that end. The butt end was nicely covered and has a shell holder. All in all, lack coverage around the bolt, trigger and initial forestock, so I used some camo tape to cover the other parts. I am looking to try the camo-skinz on my next attempt. I guess you cover the parts and use a heat gun or hair dryer to adhere the skin to the gun. Sounds reasonable.

I have the Snow pattern from Beartooth Products.

Can't say as I like the stuff. It seems to hold any moisture the gun is exposed to (and there always would be with snow) between the neoprene and the gun...exactly where you wouldn't want it! They suggest taking the neoprene off after exposure to moisture, but that is a pain too.

If any member wishes to buy mine your welcome. It's just sitting on a table up at the hunting cabin. I won't be able to retrieve it until late November when I get home.

The stuff lists for $27.00, you can have mine for $10.00.

This is what it looks like: http://beartoothproducts.com/cgi/shop/detail.cgi?cat=3-Piece%20Camo%20Kit&model=Rifle

I have the beartooth products (Snow and Woodland) and use it constantly on my SS encore. It is not as good as paint but I can not bring myself to paint it.

Just a note on the Beartooth product. I had one on my Rem 700 VSSF II. Well was having accuracy problems. Turns out the piece for the forend was pulling the stock up into the barrell. Basically running my free floated barrell. Just thought I would put this out so people can watch for it. Wish someone had told me it would have saved alot of shooting and headaches.

I have used them for about 4 years now and have not had any problems. I can't bring myself to paint my gun and these covers actually protect the stock and barrel from dings and scratches. They don't cover the entire rifle, just the parts that count. I can see in a humid area how moisture could build up but living in phoenix, I don't have a problem with that. I don't have any accuracy problems, but then again, my barrel isn't floated. Good product, just a little pricey. You chose!
Camorifle.jpg

I've tried those covers but didn't really like them. I got a product on ebay made by Mcnett Tactical. It's kinda like vet wrap, but alot more rubbery, it sticks great and comes in many different camo types. One roll did the barrel and forestock, buttstock, and about half my scope. So far I really like it.

Back