Help me pick between 2 new camos

Ridgeviewer

This morning, due to a late bus (very foggy morning) I had to run my two oldest boys to school. On the way back I decided to take a route through one of my hunting areas. Keep in mind, I have a really nice buck crossing this road at morning and night, just about every day. So I'm driving along slowly in the fog, and there he stands 40 yards off the road, in cut corn. Which gave me a really nice, up close look at him. 12-14 points, and in the 150-160 range. To say I was excited is an understatement. I even got to back up for a doubletake. This brings me to my question. Should I bowhunt him dressed as a mailbox, or wear the clown car supported by suspenders? I'm personally leaning towards the Clown car getup, in that I can get the working headlights, and honking horn model. I feel the clown car would give me the mobility I may need for a closer shot, Where as a walking 290lb mailbox, sneaking down the road may spook him. Tell me what you think...

I actually dressed up as a holstien once with my brother to take a stab at a big gobbler... it didn't go so well. It's really hard to see out of a costume like that and the briars tugging at the fabric make you feel like a woman fighting off a summer breeze in light dress! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I gun hunt under a cornrow fabric sometimes, a muzzleloader is easy to shoot from the prone position but a bow would be impossible. You could get one of those pop-up blinds to use, they really don't see those things out in the middle of a field somehow!

Oh, and quote of the day during that turkey hunt described above "Hey, whats this bull doing" LOL! I was just BS'ing of course but it was priceless. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back