Hunt of a Lifetime , Gone terrably wrong.

First off, I am from Saskatchewan and have no use for "Hunt Farms" I prefer the term "Shooting Zoo" anyways. There are no provisions for non-residents to hunt wild elk, bison, muledeer,antelope or anything except guided moose,black bear,whitetail above the treeline, and birds. If you line up a hunt for any of these off limit species you have bought some variation of the featured "hunt". A lot of this was brought about by farmers trying to salvage something from the failed elk industry.Elk are routinely purchased and trucked in when some "hunter" wants something special.Most if not all of the "customers" (I like that better than calling them hunters)know exactly what they are getting for their money. I assume that they make up a real nice story to go with their trophies when they get home. Some operations may do a better job of prettying it up for the dudes, but these animals have been loaded, fed, innoculated like any other domestic animal.The local joke is that they charge extra to take out the ear-tags. Now there is nothing wrong exactly with killing and eating farm animals, but there seems to be no shortage of people that want to pay for it and call it hunting. The remainder bring to mind the old saying about a fool and his money. My guess is that the featured "Customer" knew what he was getting, but thought that he could live with it. Either that or his buddy refused to back up the hero stories!
Now there is real non-resident hunting up here, for whitetail,black bear, moose, and birds. Pick an outfitter that has been around for more than a week, check some references and have at it. Anything else and you are behind a fence, on a reserve, or behind a fence on a reserve LOL.The sooner these operations go broke the better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Dogleg

Back