Super X2 Winchester 12 gauge, 3.5 , NWTF Information?

dawgkiller

Does anyone have the Winchester, Super X2, 3.5", 24", NWTF, with turkey barrel and choke system in 12 gauge? I am looking at one, but haven't heard much about it. Any ideas? What do they cost? Pattern?

I have one and absolutely love it, although I primarily use it for waterfowl hunting with a pattern master choke, I love the rubber like feel of the stock and forearm. The only thing negative is that it does not reliably cycle light target loads, with heavier 1 1/8oz. target loads it is fine, although it has been flawless with hunting loads which is what it is designed for. Steve

Not to sway you from the Winny but I love my Remington 11-87 sp-t thumhole 3.5 inch.It patterns really well with the rhino tube and stock super full tube.3 dead gobblers/3 shots and 2 red fox/2 shots.Batting 100 with it.

yes the patternmaster choke is aftermarket, it produces great patterns with large shot, or small shot too, I would think it would be ideal for coyote hunting. They are available at cabelas, or any gun shop should be able to get you one. Steve

The 3.5 inch SX2 I had would not reliably cycle 1 1/8 once loads. I wanted the 3 inch version but couldn't find it, so I bought the 3.5 incher. Ended up selling it because the the light load reliability issue. Seems to me everytime I see a NWTF marked gun they want an arm and leg for it. Was it me I would save the money and by the non NWTF marked version which you should be able to find for 500-550 (used in very good condition) easy enough if you look around.

Thanks. CDNN has this gun for $699. I would love a Benelli, but I can't afford one at the current prices. For the money, would you buy this gun or would you buy another gun?

Last edited:
I have this gun. I shoot 1 1/8 loads regularly for dove. This year I shot over a case and never had a jam. It won't shoot 1 ounce loads, but it wasn't designed for it. I really like this gun, it points well and shoots very nice. This is not a knock on the SBE but I hunt and shoot regularly with several guys that have them, they won't cycle 1 ounce loads any better than my Win. Infact, two of them can't handle the 1 1/8 loads. Great guns, but don't listen to everything you hear abou them.

M70

I don't personally own a SX2. I however know of several guides for waterfowl that use them. They say that they are very nice indeed. I personally use a SBE II but if price is a consideration then I certainly wouldn't choose that route. Another suggestion would be to look into a stoeger 2000. Same interia driven system as benelli without all the bells and whistles at a price MUCH less than a SBE II.

BTW.. I tend to agree about the guns they label with the NWTF gun of the year labels. I'd buy the same model without the fancy label at a lower price. Unless you can win them at a banquet then that's an even better bet!!

Last edited:
I paid 699 for mine and have never regreted it. I also dove hunt with mine and shoot the cheap 1 1/8oz. bulk pack federals from wal mart with no problems whatsoever

Back