First Yote with FX3

DZLPWR

Well on my 3rd hunt with the FX3 we laid down its 1st yote. We had been calling a stand with a challange howl in the start and then a varity of cotton tail distress calls with no luck in about 20 min. We then got up and walked out of our stand and decided to do some howls to see if we could get some responses like we had the weekend before. I did two challange calls with no luck. I then did the locator and had an immediate response less then 300yds away. We then tried to do some quick thinking of either stay or move to a better location with a higher vantiage point but before we could move we had a pair coming toward us about 100yds out. Decided to kneel down and make it a shotgun kill and called them in to about 30yds with a hand sqeeker and took one out. The other ran over a ridge with shot on his tail, but got away. Otherwise excellent night!

I have pics, but i dont know how to post them!!!!

Edit: Okay im going to follow the instructions and upload to photobucket so i get them on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

DSC00740.jpg

Last edited:
Good job and congrats ! You're in trouble now.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Mike makes THE best call. Hands down.

Quote:
I love the way you don't mention the coyote is BLACK!!

Man I'm jealous. Great job.

Yeah i didnt know how rare this is, plus we had seen a few around like that before, PLUS someone just told me last night that a black coyote ment that it was a mixed breed? I didnt know whether to beleive it or not because i thought it was pretty unique looking. Is black rare?

wow....nice pooch....and nice avatar too...lol. great shot!

what type of shells are you shooting?

i chased a black one like that for an entire year,,,never got him though. how was his coat...worth mounting? i'd keep the pelt for the wall regardless...congrats!!!!!!!

I believe my partner had 00 buck due to no more #4. Not worth the mount cause its coat isnt exactly prime yet, but we did skin it and are going to tan it for keepsake. Thanks!

Quote:
wow....nice pooch....and nice avatar too...lol.

Wow Woody, you two are scary. Same avatar, your in Chester County, he's in Chesterfield?? What's up with that?

Quote:
Quote:
wow....nice pooch....and nice avatar too...lol.

Wow Woody, you two are scary. Same avatar, your in Chester County, he's in Chesterfield?? What's up with that?

HA! That IS wierd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

soreloser....that coyote in the avatar is named "Chester"...maybe that is the connection????...lol. yes...strange cowinkydink aint it??...

Quote:
Great job on the hunt and kill, that black yote sure does look sweet. Did you do all your calls with the FX3?

Yes except at the end when she was close i used my hand call to coax her in with mouse sqeeks.

Thinking back on it that was was of my most successfull calling sessons being that everything turned out text book. I think it took around 5-8min from the first howl to the shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back