Motion decoy at night???

UP_OF_MI

I plan on hunting out of an elevated stand at night. Do any of you use some type of motion decoy at night?? Any other tips for fixed blind hunting??? Going out this week.

Dave

I use my motion decoys at night, not saying that i can prove it helps, but it sure dont hurt... remember you are hunting something that sees nearly as good at night as we do during the day... just my .02

I have only used decoys this past season... and have played a little with them at night... I can verify one coyote responded to my decoy set as he came running right in once he got the visual of my setup... this was in January... and I had set out my coyote Silhouette and my foxpro Jack-in-the-box decoy. I also utilized coyote/fox scent on my decoy setups.

If you are using a spotlight, I don't think a decoy is needed. If you work the light correctly, they cannot see the decoy anyway. If they can see the decoy, they can see a lot of other stuff they don't need to see.. Randy

Forgot to mention with my previous post... On those full moon nights during the winter... with snow on the ground... a decoy works very well. It would be a waist of time on those totally dark/black nights where you can not see your hand in front of your face.

Yes I agree they can see better than us on the dark nights I have just not experienced the response to a decoy as on a moonlite night to make me feel it is worth while carrying it.

Back