Cen. Pa state game lands?

not sure where 211 is but yes i hunt the state game lands and have good luck there, for everything from deer to yotes and fox.... where are you at in Pa?

Bigben can make a call sound about as good as it gets!!!! The state game lands and forests of PA all hold coyotes to be harvested. The key is scouting and using common sense.

the trick to sgl calling is get a hand call out and wail on it. there are too many people that have foxpros in our area that just go to the game lands and turn on the bawlin bunny blues.

Hey Ben, speakin of the Bawlin Bunny Blues.....I dont have that sound on my foxpro....care to share it with a fellow predator hunter? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thanks for all the replies, I will use the hand call like you suggested. I have a cottontail call and a small squeaker. Can you think of any other calls I might take? Maybe a fawn bleat can call? And how about cover scent or should I just stick to scent elimination?

personally just watch your scent cone and kill the critter before it hits it. I think that scentlok is the biggest hoax. JMHO>

bigben your right about scentloc. hell, i eat hail's and smoke while deer hunting and get a buck every year.. just tonight i was in my stand smoking and two bucks were under my stand lol

Quote:
thanks for all the replies, I will use the hand call like you suggested. I have a cottontail call and a small squeaker. Can you think of any other calls I might take? Maybe a fawn bleat can call? And how about cover scent or should I just stick to scent elimination?

Just about any sound that a predator perceives as something in distress will bring them in... bird distress, and fawn are two that have done well for me over the years as well, but it's hard to beat a nice raspy bunny of some sort. Cover scent is a huge topic on here from time to time. The way I feel about it is this... scent elimination is a myth, scent control is a reality. You will NEVER eliminate your scent completely. But, controlling you scent is something that I like to do. If you can bring your scent to a minimum... then I think that would be a great idea. The less the better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif But, as Ben said... no matter what keep them from getting in your scent cone and you will be ok. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:

Cover scent is a huge topic on here from time to time. The way I feel about it is this... scent elimination is a myth, scent control is a reality. You will NEVER eliminate your scent completely. But, controlling you scent is something that I like to do. If you can bring your scent to a minimum... then I think that would be a great idea. The less the better!

I should have clarifyed a bit. exactly what he said above. I am a machinist by trade and after working in a machine shop for a while you get used to that smell. but it is offensive to something in the woods. I where just regular blue jeans and a carhart at night and while trapping. but I know that if I went straight from work to go call the time it takes for a critter to smell that machine shop smell would be alot easier to pick up then fresh washed cloths.

bigben, maybe you should market that machine shop scent. maybe it works and it may confuss the fox or coyote. lol earl

Last edited:
I've hunted SGL 211 for deer,but only a couple of times for predators.I've seen plenty of coyote sign there.It's a huge area,a good place to get away from the crowds if you like.Where are you from.?

Back