Rhino choke tube

huntngolf

Are Rhino choke tubes worth all the hype and $? Have a Remington 1187 thumbhole. Have Rem xfull tube in right now,will rhino tighten up patterns?

Rhino's are excellent, as are Kick's chokes. Will they tighten patterns over a factory choke? Probably so, and, probably significantly so. But ya wanna know a little secret? If it is turkey loads only that you're talking about - the Primos JellyHead chokes will do as well for about 1/5 the cost. It really isn't that big a secret either. Go over to the National Wild Turkey Federation forums and check the threads about the JellyHead or Nitro ammo. I like the Kick's chokes better than the JellyHead because of the personal service Kick's provides, they are beautifully machined and finished, moderately priced, and the Kick's chokes shoot very, very, well. But I'd buy a JellyHead for turkey hunting before I'd shell out $100 for a Rhino.

I'm with GC on the Kick's... very high quality. I have had my Gobblin' Thunder for about three years and I can't find anything to NOT like about this tube. GREAT patterns all the way out to 50 yards and it throws buckshot just fine! Another choke tube to think about is the Carlton tubes... I just looked at one that a friend bought for coyote hunting (it is designed to shoot Dead Coyote from Heavy Shot). It looked like the same quality as the Kick's, but at half the price! He is shooting it this weekend, I will see if he can give me an idea of how it shoots. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks for the input guys.Have some nitro triplex that patterns pretty well from stock x full tube but always like to shoot a little better.Looks like rhino's out and kicks,carlton or jellyhead are in.Thanks for saving me some money,would have dished it out too.More cash for those nitro loads.4x5x7's,those things are great.

I'm a Kick's man and recommend them highly, however, if you're shooting Nitro's go with the JellyHead. There is some sort of weird compatibility between the two. Go to the NWTF site and look over the "Shotguns.." section, maybe run a search for "Nitro", "JellyHead", and "Rhino." Heck, even the Nitro website recommend the JellyHead. The JellyHead runs less than $25.00.

Ya know... thinking back on it GC. We sold a LOT of Jellyhead tubes at BPS when I worked there, and didn't get many back (good determination that a tube is good... no returns!). For the price I would check it out. $25 for a tube is very reasonable! Heck I spent $50 on mine and didn't think twice about it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I shoot a Rhino choke and Nitro 4 X 5 X7 hevishot out of my Mossberg 835 for turkey. I can put almost 300 pellets in a 10" circle at 40yds! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Back