Pa cable restraint class

panhed

Wondered if anyone here has ever taken the Pa cable restraint class. I am signed up for one a week from Sunday, and am just curious what to expect, and why it would take 4 hours. seems an hour or 2 would be plenty.
Barry

I am a nj trapping instructor we will put 3 to 4 classes thru thes year 2 in oct and 2 in march each of our courses cover a night 7 to 9 and a sunday 8 to 4 for our snares and trapping course. the 2 in march will be a full satuday and sunday course where the students set out a few snares and traps over night and we check the next day. so 4 hours does not seem long to me. we are busy the full time with law, types of traps, safty, skinning and handleing fur. and so on. I have never had more than 2 say it was a waste of time and I have been doing it since 87. so count your self lucky you are not across the river LOL

Last edited:

[seems an hour or 2 would be plenty.]

You probably are right,if you already have experience at setting cable restraints.I have taken it and enjoyed those four hours,i spent there...Part of it will be outside,showing how to make sets and going over what you can and cannot do.The most will be inside.Reading,test,questions asked,and general talking...Nothing to it!...I wish i knowed why they asked me all the questions tho?

I just took it and its not bad, you have to realize that the class is geared for someone who has no experiance... it is not hard to pass the test just pay attention to the measurments.... oh, and have fun....

I took the class last sunday and it was not too bad. lasted about 4 1/2 hours, but I still believe it could be shortened quite a bit. were quite a few people there for it. passing the test was very easy. did learn a few things there.
Barry

Back