Eastern Washington

Welcome to PM, Big Swede! Lots of fun here.

So... Got land?!?!? I frequently go over to play around ML, from Stratford to Othello, Royal to Warden. I'd like to learn about the Tri's. (I'm a good husband, see... is there good shopping in the Tri's where I could dump off... I mean set up the wife and kids while I run out and shoot things?!?!)

There's dry side guys here, hope they chime in. There's lots of PEOPLE on the wet side, so naturally...

Glad to see you here!

I lived in Eastern Washington for 5 years prior to moving to western Oregon. I didn't know a single predator hunter over there and I did a lot of hunting and fishing. I know there's another Kennewick area hunter on the board but I don't remember his handle. One thing I know for sure is that Eastern Washington is a target rich environment for coyote hunters. I was an engineer and spent a lot of time in the field and saw coyotes on a daily basis. The only real problem is that there's so much private land and sometimes it's hard to get permission.

Are you looking for hunting partners?

Quote:

is there good shopping in the Tri's where I could dump off... I mean set up the wife and kids while I run out and shoot things?!?!)

Columbia Center Mall in Kennewick. Has a theater on one end and everything else in it.
Good to see you Bigswede. You're gonna have a lot of fun here on PM. I'm in Sunnyside but soon to be in Yakima and sometimes I think I'm the only one around who targets coyotes but I know that's not the case.
How long have you been in the Dry Sh***ies? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Are you looking for hunting partners?

I have a couple buddies that I go with but when duck season is here that is all they concentrate on and Im not much interested in that, so I am trying to find more people who are interested in coyote hunting as a priority over waterfowl and upland game.

Quote:
How are them dogs doing down there in the Tri-cities?

I havent got out yet this season, Im planning on going this Sunday, if I see any I will let you know....I hope I see something.

Columbia Center Mall in Kennewick. Has a theater on one end and everything else in it.
Good to see you Bigswede. You're gonna have a lot of fun here on PM. I'm in Sunnyside but soon to be in Yakima and sometimes I think I'm the only one around who targets coyotes but I know that's not the case.
How long have you been in the Dry Sh***ies? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ive been in the Tri-Cities for 13 years now. I just started coyote hunting two years ago and I only went once in a while. I want to get out and scout more areas and go a lot more often though.

Quote:
Welcome to PM, Big Swede! Lots of fun here.

So... Got land?!?!? I frequently go over to play around ML, from Stratford to Othello, Royal to Warden. I'd like to learn about the Tri's. (I'm a good husband, see... is there good shopping in the Tri's where I could dump off... I mean set up the wife and kids while I run out and shoot things?!?!)

There's dry side guys here, hope they chime in. There's lots of PEOPLE on the wet side, so naturally...

Glad to see you here!

I dont have any land to hunt on but I have been able to find some public spots that seem to hold a lot of dogs.

I grew up in Moseslake, still hunt the east side alot.
In the winter(snow) the areas west of ML, Dodson road area, is FULL of hunters. Out to Stratford area there is alot of posted ground and some good area that is open. There was a big fire in the Blackrock lake area last month.
Othello area has alot of great ground lots is under Bird hunting club lease, like Cook Canyon near Ellensburg. Lots of area in Clockam area.
Up around Banks lake is some great area. Dayton area has mostly posted ground. Up around Sprague there are open areas. Lots of folks will let you hunt coyotes if you ask, they are posted against deer and Pheasent hunters. Late in the season, January and February lots of ground is open if you ask as the seasons are over.
Two of the best callers around hunt near Goldendale and north of Tricities, Curt and Jerry M. Speaking of which Goldendale is posted alot. East of ML towards Ruff and Ritzville there is alot of open area.
If you hunt late in the snow and see a red chevy PU and an ugly old guy it is prolly me!!
Good luck, good hunting
Carl

E.Wa has a lot of dogs and a fair bit of land. If you aren't afraid to walk off the road and call some you should do great. Shotgun hunters can flat clean up around white bluffs north of Hanford. I have never seen so many dogs. (shotgun only)

DD

I might have to try the white bluffs area. I do a lot of hiking off the roads around here to call, and I do alright. I just need to get my howling down better and I think I will be alright.

Hey guys,

I lived in the Tri-Cities area for almost two years working at WTP. I hunted a lot south of Richland, between Richland & Moses Lake, around Dayton, and all over Lower Deadman Road on the Snake. Most of my hunting was by myself. I put a message on the board looking for hunting partners, but found no takers. If I were still living/working up there, we would surely get hooked up. I LIKE hunting yotes. Contact some of game farms and people who train bird dogs. They will be glad to help you. I met a lot of real nice farm owners. Many of them had leased their land to deer & bird hunters, but gave me permission after season ended. Lots of land, free to hunt...may not look like much, but remember...a coyote can hide behind three blades of grass, or may be laying in a shallow dip or tractor track. Good Luck.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gifI live in Wenatchee. Went out today and called in some deer. I just started coyote hunting and have yet to call one in. I'm working on getting more land to hunt. There are plenty of dogs here, I just have to figure out how to hunt them. good luck.

Last edited:
I'm from the wet side of the state, but my dad and sister live in the Tri-Cities. I hunt a lot over there. Lots of land and pretty easy to get permission to hunt if you're hunting coyotes. Deer or birds, now that's a different story!

I am originally from Selah but I knew a guy in high school that had a cattle farm in Yakima and coyotes were always eating his herd. Good shooting if you can find someone with private land who needs some population control.

Back