New Distance Rig!

Furhunter

After a looooong wait, the new 6BR came home a couple nights ago. Cant wait to get out and shoot it. It has a 9 twist, McMillan stock, trued 700 action, jewell trigger, I put my NF scope on it,(it needed a good home anyways) I have about 50 rounds of brass prepaired and ready to load. Now all I need is the time. The pics where taken close to dark, I will get it out in the sun tomarrow for better pics, Heres the pics!
DSC00157.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

Do you shoot competition or is it just a fancy prairie dog rig? If it shoots as good as it looks then Prairie dogs and other competitors better look out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif That's a good looking rig. Let us know how she groups.

Now that is one fine looking rifle.
I hope she shoots as good as she looks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

DSC00157.jpg

Now that is a nice looking rifle. That has got to be the biggest "sand bag rest" I have ever seen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
Now that is a nice looking rifle. That has got to be the biggest "sand bag rest" I have ever seen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well ya dont want it to move around huh! We weighted the rifle in at 15 3/4 pounds. That sand bag keeps the table upright when the wind blows!

Quote:
What caliber is the rifle?

Martyn

Martyn
Its a 6BR with a .262 neck.

Truman Wilson from Delta, Colorado did the work for me. He did a fantastic job, the fit and finish on the rifle is very nice, he even color matched the bedding compound to match the stock (at least where it can be seen)
Here are some day time pics
DSC00180.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

That is nice, thanks for the additional info. I'd imagine it will shoot as good as it looks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Nice...that should be fun creating a load for and then reaching out to touch something. Sounds like an awesome long range rig for popping p-dogs or coyotes that won't come in to the call.

I love the 6Br. It's my favorite coyote killing cartridge. Dan Carey is building my second 6Br. He's had my action for 4 months, I wish mcMillan would hurry up.

Quote:
Which barrel maker did you use?

Dan
I think? seems memory would be better!! Hart or Lilja I think it's a Hart.

Quote:
What load are you planning on running with the 1-9 twist?

Looking to shoot around the 75 to 90gr pills. I have some 105's to play with but they may be alittle long. Only one way to find out.

Back