Best 6 volt light?

Shook

I know that you have to have a 6volt light to hunt coyotes with in Georgia. The one I have isn't getting the job done. What is the best 6volt light? Thanks guys!

Nite lite stuff is awesome (coon hunters favorite II, hotlite,etc) I personally have 2 of the coon hunters favorite II and they are great 6 volt lights. 1 will run you about 6-8 or more hrs. of runnin and gunnin with the reostat turned all the way up but as they get older maybe 3 yrs they won't last most of the night and I just get a new setup and as one ages the other is fresh and if you need batteries there like $45 for a new one and keep rotating them as they get older. Just remember to keep running those batteries down all the way because if you don't they will get memory and not last as long as they should. Almost forgot I run 2 lights off of the battery... the head light and the gun light out of the recharge outlet which is nite lite too. Happy hunting

Nitelite has a scope light and a handheld spotlight you can get as accessories. The regular heads on their coon hunting lights aren't bright enough for longer ranges.

I don't have any probem shootin foxes at 200yrds at night with a red lense cover on the "head" headlight I think your talking about. The only reason I don't shoot them at longer distances is the caliber of gun I use. If you want more light just get the hotlight with the 5100 headlight or one of the other higher power models and it will be a lot brighter but you end up turning the reostat down because its too bright and will spook predators and at full power the go through batteries faster. You can get halogen bulbs for the "head" headlight which makes it brighter and does not seem to reduce battery life too much. Just an opinion so judge for yourself.

Back