BE CAREFUL!!!!

Joe Bradshaw

Be careful guys....don't care how much you have done this stuff, or what you think you know....BE CAREFUL!!!

I just got back from the clinic....was only 8 stitches, but could have been worse, and this from a harmless little scroll saw...you know the ones...they could never hurt anyone, right????

Remember...if it CAN cut, IT WILL!!!

I wqs lucky.....will slow me down a few days, but thats about it....just thought I would take this opportunity to remind us all to watch what we are doing, and be careful...

According to the Doc....almost took it off....think it nipped the end of the bone...wasn't much left to stop it...

100_5139.jpg

100_5142.jpg

100_5143.jpg

Joe

Arky,
sorry to hear about the accident, hope you are doing well. Good reminder for all to remember and especially be safe this hunting season.

OUCH!!!
Dang it, Joe! At your young age you should know to be very careful around power tools & such!
I'm glad you still got a finger though!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif watch it Joe, we want all of you to make it to this season!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pictures and everything! You da MAN! That looks like it might be the thumb that cocks the hammer? Heal up quickly and be careful around sharp things.

Eeewwwwwww! Good one! Keep it clean and heal up fast, Sir.

Thanks for sharing, it's important to stay awake about this kind of thing. One can get complacent. It's good to be reminded that if the blade's moving... contact = cut!

If all you neede was some attention you should have let me know,I would have called! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

be careful bud! otherwise you wont be able to do this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Dang Joe! You are correct, that baby was almost clean through. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Be careful my friend.

Tony

Look at the good side, great photo for the Weas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Fortunately, you did not cut it off. My Mrs is an RN and they had some guy come in the clinic yesterday with two fingers cut off and two cut through the bone. Makes my skin crawl thinking about it. Another positive note, now you can join the club those of us on PM who have had an accident in the past couple months. A very elite group. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Careful Joe you almost lost your safety switcher. That is if your a right handed shooter. It happens to the best of us. Get well!

What's going on in the predator hunting community!??? This happened to me a few months back with a table saw, and I'm pretty sure there was another post with a cut thumb just a few weeks ago! Ouch!

Thanks for posting Joe its a real good reminder for us all the equipment we use daily is very unforgiving.. Heal up quick.. Kerry

Quote:
What's going on in the predator hunting community!??? This happened to me a few months back with a table saw, and I'm pretty sure there was another post with a cut thumb just a few weeks ago! Ouch!

It's a very special group. You have to shed blood to join, not much else to it. Want to sign up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

"Aww come on! Thats just a boo boo. Have mommy kiss it and be done with it."

Capitol, you are right Sir...my intentions were to try to remind others to pay attention and be safe when using even the most mundane tools, as any of them can hurt you quickly. We tend to become complacent, and that is a recipe for disaster.

I hope this better helps you understand the reasons behind the post!

To further assist your understanding, I submit the following...

com·pla·cent - Spelled Pronunciation[kuhm-pley-suhnt]

adjective

1. pleased, esp. with oneself or one's merits, advantages, situation, etc., often without awareness of some potential danger or defect; self-satisfied:

mun·dane - Spelled Pronunciation[muhn-deyn, muhn-deyn]

adjective

1. of or pertaining to this world or earth as contrasted with heaven; worldly; earthly: mundane affairs.
*2. common; ordinary; banal; unimaginative. *

* - Please note definition #2

To everyone else, thanks and stay safe!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Joe

Back