Bobcat Calls, Woodpecker Distress ????

Lionhunterco

This year I am focusing on Bobcats. I have heard a number of you guys mention "Woodpecker Distress" calls. Do you have any suggestions for one of these calls or any others that are more "Bobcat Specific"

I currently use Sciery calls which have treated me very good when it comes to coyotes but .............time for some cats.

I knpw that cats are suppose to come to the same calls but.... so far no luck.

This is kinda of what I was thinking

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=apc&product=Woodpecker+Distress

Thanks in advance

Talk to Arky he make's the best woodpecker call's and sound's. i'm too going after the cat's this year.called a bobcat last week but i was after bear. Rick

I really would go electronic if you want to call cats. They take a long time to come in normally, come in slow and stop frequently, like heavy brush, can be hard to see and very cautious. Ive seen them hangup and stop at almost every bush along the way. The movement of you calling and directing their attention tward you puts you at a huge disadvantage epically as a beginner. Put yourself as far away from the call as you can and still maintain a good shooting distance and visibility. A small boombox and a JS tape will get you calling the cheapest. Thrift store are full of decent sony tape player for probably $5. On another note, night calling with a spotlight and a hand call should work great even if you do not hunt and just want some practice.

You should also be able to use your sceery coaxer and flutter your tongue when blowing to make a bird/woodpecker call as you would with most other calls. I have 2 sets of sceerys but dont use them because electronic calls are way to effective and easy. The first time i tried hand calling I was always winded and of course moved to much while calling, not exactly perfect contitions for making a quick shot.

Back