Night Hunting Chair

TX_Jeeper

Hello all new to the forum here,

I just wanted to share a chair setup me and a friend built for my Jeep we finished it up this past Saturday it still needs some minor comsetic work but we gave it a little test run and it's just great!
I also wanted to say this is a great place to learn and get some new ideas and I would like to thank Mr. Randy Watson for his Night Shift Video that led us to build this setup hopefully I will be posting more photos of predators hanging from the chair soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bobcat-1.jpg

Thanks,
Memo

Welcom aboard Jeeper...nice puddy tat you nailed you there.
Welcome to the funny farm.
Where in TX are you...I'm land locked in the metro mess...but I hunt a lot down S. of Waco, Jack Co., and Terrell Co.

Quote:
Welcom aboard Jeeper...nice puddy tat you nailed you there.
Welcome to the funny farm.
Where in TX are you...I'm land locked in the metro mess...but I hunt a lot down S. of Waco, Jack Co., and Terrell Co.

Thanks cwbycrshr,

I'm from Laredo,TX But I work at a 8,000 acre ranch up in the Encinal,TX area with deer management on Saturdays and the boss is more than happy to let me hunt Coyotes,Bobcats,Coons,and Hogs and I get paid for it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and I have another little place I can hunt in the Freer,TX area too maybe the chair will visit that place this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sweet. Thats some good hunting country...I'm actualy a little jelous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Let me know if you ever need an extra gun and I'll bring my hunting chair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Newstand.jpg

Soon to be retro-fitted onto my new hunting truck...'93 Toyota Xtra cab with a 4" lift.

Yeah it's nice down here hopefully my boss starts spotting more coyotes and lets me bring in some extra help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

and that's a sweet setup that rack looks bigger than my whole Jeep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm sure its going to look nice on the Toyota
my friend that helped me put together my chair is looking into a 92' Toyo for a shooting rig he got the fever when we finished mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif he didnt really understand why I would spend so much money and time predator hunting untill this Saturday he stuck around to go test out the chair with me and as soon as he saw the cats eyes light up coming into the call he was hooked!

the good thing is I only spent 50 bucks on my chair and that was for the light everything else was free from old blinds my boss had laying around

great looking set-up Jeeper. Yes, I'm jealous that I have to hunt from the ground at night here in CA. But I have 2 words for ya.......seat belt. Or is that one word, LOL

Quote:
great looking set-up Jeeper. Yes, I'm jealous that I have to hunt from the ground at night here in CA. But I have 2 words for ya.......seat belt. Or is that one word, LOL

One word or two, very good advice!

Regards,
hm

Quote:
Quote:

One word or two, very good advice!

Regards,
hm

haha! thanks for the advice it does get a little uneaaasy up in the chair while my buddy is at the wheel and I'm up on the seat scanning the roads but we are working on adding some arm rests to the setup hopefully that will give me something to hold on to on the bumps for the moment I'll just pretend its a dirt bike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
LOL, I'll tell ya what, sometimes when I'm in Watsons chair I thank God that the seatbelt is there!!

Last edited:
My first spinning chair was very small, had no arms, and no belt. I was chunked over the hood and on to the ground ...twice. I re-invented the chair after that. This one is much better. Randy

Thanks all,

Got my paycheck today so I'll be heading out to buy some safety equipment for my chair!

I myself think safety is the most important part of a setup like this but we took the test run without much seat protection just foam padding on the frame but after reading your posts I think the sooner I get it the better so for sure im getting some steel strap to make arm rests that I'm sure will help keep me or my friend on the chair a little better and I will also be getting a lap seat belt we can put on it as well everything else has been welded by my friend (Certified) and has pins for security. Hopefully it will be ready for next weekend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks againg for the tips!

Welcome to another Texan!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Could you post some more pics that show a bit more detail? I've been toying with the idea of a chair or rack for awhile but haven't had enough need to make an actual decision yet..

Thanks pyledriver,

What we just did was get an old tripod blind and made it into a quad leg setup and modified the seat to swivel and added the gun rest to it. I was lucky enough to be ale to get a good fit by adjusting the angle of the two new mounts we put on the original blind base.

Here you can see the legs setup on the Jeep with the base attached.

IMG_0088.jpg

On this second photo are the mounts we welded on the Jeep for the legs to slip on I dont mind them being permanent we could have done Bolt-on mounts too but this was faster and I think it's safer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif BTW we added pins to all the 8 mount points 4 on the Jeep and 4 On the Chairs Base.

IMG_0090.jpg

And the pins we used are like these.

WL2600.jpg

This is the chair from the rear I'm still working on the padding the whole seat and gun rest are one piece and slip on to the base so it is a 3 piece deal we made it so it would be easy for 1 person to set it up you just slip the legs on the Jeep Mounts add the Pins, Set up the base on top + pins, and then slip on the chair - gun rest to the base and hook up the light with a quick connect I have setup and its good to go!

IMG_0136.jpg

We are also adding a swivel lock on the chair to keep it from rotating while moving between sets or on the rough roads.

I will post some more photos once It looks a little pretty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

No tie downs. There are two "downspouts" welded on the bottom of the platform. These "downspouts" go in the holes on the top of the bedrail by your tailgate. That gives you the stability. Pretty simple.

Back