Bi-Fur-Pod

Born2BWild

Some of you may have seen this already but I thought I would put the link out there for those who haven't. This is from Varmint Al's hunting page, and its a quick, inexpensive, and easy way to make a good pair of shooting sticks.

On the site, he is very descriptive and gives pictures to go along with what he is saying. You can coustomize the sticks to your particular hight, for he has made a chart showing the best body hight to stick hight retio. I am in the process of finishing up my last 2 for some buddies. Very, very, simple to make. Once I finish those two up today, I will post some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

Click here and enjoy!

B2BW

I made 2 and they are great! A couple years back I found his page and made one for me and one for my dad.

Another material that works good is half inch copper. You build it just the same way but instead of using leather to put over the ends you use 2 sections of old garden hose. Just get the pipe a little wet and it slips right over it.

Hey Wolferoxs, that garden hose idea is pretty slick. Nice tip, thx!!!

I said I would post pics of my sticks when all were done, well, here they are!

IMG_5348.jpg

I had to modify these, the dowels are round instead of rectangle becuase I couldn't find anything but round dowels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

B2BW

I did something similar to what you did, Born2BWild. I bought some 48" 3/8" diameter round dowel rods from the local Ace Hardware. I put a 3-tone spray-paint job on them including white, rust, and black (all matte flat). I then put a couple rubber bands about 6" down and presto, you're ready to shoot. As a matter-of-fact, I've been practicing today with them today with my pellet gun. I put an old pop can out there at about 25-30 yards, practice my breathing, and shoot. Of course I don't hunt with my pellet gun, I just use it to practice my form and to try and get some muscle-memory built up.

Back