coyotes killing dogs

oldwretched

Hey everyone just talked to a friend of mine and he told me his parents raise pomeranian dogs and have been having puppies killed by coyotes. Would a coyote pup distress tape work or use what???Thanks

I don't know, but I think Burnham Bros. and/or JS make a canine pups distress/whining tape.
Borrow one of the pups from them and stake it out while playing the tape. Just make dang sure ol' coyote doesn't get too close. Or you could just find a stuffed puppy toy instead. Never knew a coyote that was picky about the breed of dog, either.

------------------
B.Pierce

I have a pup in distress and have used a stuffed toy and it has worked great. but on the other hand I have lost 3 of them the fox or the yote is getting there faster then I am.

it is a JS tape. Yote pup in distress.

Doc

I use a canine pups sound quite a bit I find it very effective. the tape i use sounds like domestic dog puppy whines.

------------------
for what it is worth, eh!

Folks, I'm not serious about using a defenseless pup or whatever. Use a stuffed one. Mine is a wolf pup sprayed with a light coat of dark tan to "coyote it up" a little. It works very well. My buddy uses a little white decoy pup and it works as well or better.

------------------
B.Pierce

Back