FoxPro FX3 Question ( Low Battery Light will not shut off)

nmyotebuster

Good Morning All,

I was hoping one of the foxpro staff would have an answer as I am waiting for an account activation on their forums, or perhaps you all have run into this before

Last night I was charging my FX3 for a hunt this morning, and noticed even after 4 hours of charging (I charge for about this long) that my Low Battery light came on and will not turn off, even if the unit is turned off.

I remove a battery or two and the light obviously goes off, but as soon as the batteries are back in, it comes back on.

I don't know the draw of the little LED, so I don't know how long it will take to drain the batteries, or worse burn out the light.

I am using the batteries that came with the unit.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

NM (JERRY)

what kind of batteries are in the unit????
are they rechargeable ones?????? It says so right on the batteries.......
If not you will damage the unit.

I have the ones from foxpro tenergy 2300mAh.

also it takes 12-16 hours to charge.......

Last edited:
Stump,

They are the 2300 rechargables.

At 6 hours charging those batteries are VERY hot, and so going with what they (foxpro) in their manual. I try not to let them overcharge ( batteries that are giving off heat, are batteries that are full), and cannot store the energy so they "bleed" off heat.

Or so I have been told.

Should I try an overnight charging session? I don't want to cook the best tool I have.

Thanks for the response!! I really appreciate it.

NM

If your batteries are hot, do not charge them any further. Try a set of regular AA batteries and see if any thing changes. If not, call foxpro monday.

On my new FX5 the low battery light comes on with the new external 12 volt battery. When I unhook the 12 volt battery and put the AA batteries in it the low battery light is off. In the FOXPRO manual it says the low battery light will stay on if a charger is connected.

So I took some advice from both stump and crapshoot, and ran the batteries dry after I took my daughter hunting on Sunday.

I then charged it until there was a slight warmth to the batteries ( not too hot to touch).

it took a cycle or two turning the caller off and on, but the light went off.

I will probably get a new set of rechargeables and see what happens with them, as I think these may be bad.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I really appreciate the people on this board more and more every day.

Thanks again,

NM

Back