NEED HELP WITH SCOPE MOUNT FOR A RUGER .44MAG NEW SUPER BLACKHAWK

forty_five_packer

I have a Ruger Bisley .44 Mag new super blackhawk. When I bought the gun I bought it for bear hunting and deer hunting so I asked the gun smith what type of scope mount to use he said a B-Square style would work I cant remember right off hand what it is for sure because this was 3 yrs ago but I put the mount on put the scope on bore sighted it in shot it on paper got it zeroed in on the 2nd shot on the third shot it shifted. I double checked everything tryed to retighten every thing and the same thing happened again I have a line on my barrel from it shifting.

Has this happened to any one else? or does any one have any types or ideas that would help I would be very greatfull for your help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifI am mad and frustrated because I spent a lot of money on the whole setup gun scope scopemount and I still have not used it for hunting just targe practice./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bisleys are sweet, no doubt.
Have you considered a Super Blackhawk if you want to stick with single, or better yet a Super Redhawk?
Ruger rings work like a million bucks and no more worries.
I love mine!
btw...I dont have a Bisley yet but want one for mounted shooting.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I had one of those B-squares on a super blackhawk. I had the exact same problem you are having. I've also read about several others with no luck. The weaver clamp on is a lot better design and it seems to work. I think I would spend the money and have it drilled and tapped. Mabey the 'smith will give you a good deal because he reccomended the B-square.

I had the Weaver clamp on mount on my Super Blackhawk. I probably put 300-400 rounds through it with no problems with POI shifting. I used a Leupold M8 2X scope on it. I liked it better than those systems which put the scope over the barrel. To me, it always seemed to balance better with the scope over the frame.

A drop of red loctite every place the mount contacts the guns surface then let it set up for a minimum of twenty four hours will stop the shifting, but you may need heat to remove the mount from the firearm. That B square uses the rear sight screw don't it?, and clamps down on the barrel? I think the Bisley has a slight taper to the barrel that may be your problem as well, but try the red loctite

Thanks blinddog I didn't even think about doing that I will try that when I get around to trying again. I have been busy getting a elevated blind up for deer season.

I to had this problem with a bisley 45 using the b-squire mount, the weaver is the better design and has worked well with about 100-200 shots fire to this point using heavy hunting handloads, no change in impact.

I don't know if you have already decided or not, but I have a EABCO mount on my SBH. It mount in the rear sight cut-out and then the top strap is drilled and tapped in 2 more locations. Mount has triple rings and some set screws for the portion that extends over the barrel for support. Give it a look! Never had an impact shift.
later,
joe

Back