Wheelchair/ATV camo for ID deer hunter

DustyWheeler

I'm looking for suggestions...
I use a wheelchair so getting far off the beaten path is tough unless I use an ATV. Any suggestions for camo to cover sight and smell of ATV? I've seen camo blinds to shoot from but I need/want to hide the ATV.
Thanks!

I use sheets of burlap. You can buy burlap by the roll at nursery or home & garden centers. Drape yourself with burlap or a ghillie and you'll disappear even in an open grassy area. Don't worry too much about scent. Just shoot the critters before they get downwind.

You know Artic Cat has on that is actually attached to the ATV. When you get to where your going you just fold it out over the bike like a small tent. Looks pretty cool, I've seen them on display at Sportsmans.

ETA; Found it!

atvblind.jpg

arcticcatblind.jpg

Last edited:
Weasel-
Burlap sounds good but set up (wraping it around an ATV) might take some time... Just for me and my chair though it looks like a custom ghillie...make a poncho-like affair.
Good suggestions, thanks.

I stitched the burlap together to make a cover. I only need to unfold it and put it over the top of the ATV. Takes no time at all.

I have just draped it over in the past, now with more limited mobility I'm not sure. Will have to count on the wife to cover it. There are a few more examples of different types on the net I just don't have any links saved. It is time consuming to sort through since ATV have so many listings. Will look around.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the suggestions. I'm leaning towards the burlap for simplicity. I've used a wheelchair for 25+ years and it has taken a toll on my shoulders so easy set up is important. I've never hunted in open farm country like I'm in now so I'm inventing as I go. I'm glad I found this forum!
Tim

Back