Lots of bear sign

yote_tote

Yesterday evening,i asked my son if he would like to take a walk with me in the local hills.I was hearing there was a lot of bears around this year and decided i wanted to find out for myself,so here is some pictures i took.
In this first picture you can see where a bear walked across a dry mud hole.
100_0206.jpg

This second picture is taken of a single track going down the road we walked in on.This track is from a large bear.
100_0179.jpg

This picture is where bears have been stepping,leading into a pine thicket.Many times,bears will place there foot in the exact same spot everytime.
100_0200.jpg

Here is where the bears have scraped the bark off a pine tree to get at the sap.Bears do this to rub there backs and sides in the sap.They will stand up on two legs and do this.You can see my youngest son walking in the background checking the other pines.
100_0201.jpg

In this picture you can see where the bears had rubbed some fur off on a limb they had broken off.
100_0203.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed looking at the pictures as much as i got out of seeing them on my nice long walk.We also seen a nice timber rattler but he made it into the rock pile before i got off a photo of him.
Here is the rock pile he went into.
100_0207.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed.

I wish we bears like that here.
Most I've seen look alot like my black lab.
Thanks for the pics.
Break out the FoxPro next time and see if you cant get some visitors. Those would be some cool pics! Looks like a good spott for a trailcam too.

Back