Christensen Arms

ncyotecaller

I was wondering if anybody has or has shot any of Christensen Arms rifles. I am sending them my A-Bolt 300WSM next week to have a carbon barrel and a muzzle breake put on it.

Have 2, a 7STW and a 7RUM, Mine have the shilen match barrel blanks on rem 700 actions and they shoot great and seem to dissipate the heat quicker also, not to mention the HUGE weight savings. I think you will be very happy when you get your rifle back!!

Held one at a garage sale a couple weeks ago. Wiped the drool off and put it back! A-bolt 300WM. Carbon and a brake. Very sweet. Very light. Good buy for the money too, but it's been slow and I already have a 300WM so I let it go. ($1200 with a 50mm Leupy VX-3, sling, case, etc.)

Gonna be something special when you get it back!

Quote:
I was wondering if anybody has or has shot any of Christensen Arms rifles. I am sending them my A-Bolt 300WSM next week to have a carbon barrel and a muzzle breake put on it.

Whats the price tag for that?? i would really like to no

Thanks,
Ryan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

The Carbon Barrel wrap is $599, they have to modify the stock to fit the increased size of the barrel and that cost $75. The Titanium Muzzlebrake cost $195. Not the cheapest thing in the world but it will turn my already great A-bolt into my ultimate dream big game rifle. Maybe next year I will be able to put a dream scope on it to.

Quote:
Held one at a garage sale a couple weeks ago. Wiped the drool off and put it back! A-bolt 300WM. Carbon and a brake. Very sweet. Very light. Good buy for the money too, but it's been slow and I already have a 300WM so I let it go. ($1200 with a 50mm Leupy VX-3, sling, case, etc.)

If you still know where to find this, I'll take it!!! Sounds like it was a great deal! I understand though, if I always had the money to buy everything I wanted or was a deal, I'd have to move my kid out of the house to make room for my guns!

Have a Browning A bolt in 22-250 with the Christensen fiber barrel. Sure makes a fun walking varmint gun and shoots .75 anytime. Not a bench type rifle but a great idea for what it is designed for.

Maybe if i get this done I won't sell it and upgrade like I do too much. I went from a stainless Ruger 30-06 to a Weatherby Synthetic Mark-V 270wby mag to a Browing A-Bolt 300wsm. Would have kept the Weatherby but it got to heavy after long walks. I even like the Browning action better than the Weatherby. I also personally like the clip on the Browning to. Adding the Christensen Arms extras will make this on sweet rifle.

"and seem to dissipate the heat quicker also"

Seem is the right word. The carbon wrapping retards heat dissipation and actually retains more heat in the bore. It only keeps the external surface of the barrel cooler which drastically retards heat dissipation.

Jack

my buddy has one in 300wby. the carbon fiber makes it a nice and light rifle with perfect balance. he has a boyd laminated stock on his. the muzzle brake takes most of the recoil out but kills me at the range next to him! overall i think he is very happy with the gun.

btw, do a search and you will find the debate on heat dissipation is endless. some people claim its better and some claim its worse. both sides have "studies" and "data" to prove their point.

Back