Safari Rifle Sling ???

Yep, I have one on my AR and I like it. The only problem with it is since you carry the rifle at the "ready" position it is difficult to manuever around if you happen to walk up steep hills...your legs will keep hitting your barrel. Other than that it is a great sling.

I have one on my Custom Mauser which weighs about 15# /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
I have the tactical bulldog made for assalt rifles $17.00 at midway. On thing I like about mine which is different than cabelas safari is it doesn't use the studs. It does position the gun "esp a heavy one" so it doent slip like a standard sling. One thing I like is it helps protect My scope "Meopta Meostar". Its also handi when packing a treestand, backpack or riding a ATV.Certainly not money wasted. It looks good. I'm thinking when I get another sling I'll get another buldog.
DEFCON
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=129068

Hidalgo,

This is the only sling I use when hunting. It is simply the most comfortable sling out there. You rifle will hang a little higher than belt high in perfect position for a shot. When raised, the sling falls to the front of the scope and out of the way. The back portion simply falls off the gun.

The weight of the gun is spread across your complete back and not just one shoulder. You also do not have to worry about the gun falling off of your shoulder either. You also have both hands available to move brush, talk on the radio etc...

The only thing I don't like is that sometimes on a heavy barrelled gun, the front will slide down and hang crooked. Not much of an issue as far as I'm concerned, but if your using it on your heavy barrelled varmit gun, you may not like that fact...

Only sling I use hunting and guiding !!

Great for timber hunting elk, river bottom whitetails, etc...

Fast acquistion, no more peel it off the shoulder to engage...

Promise you'll like it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

It has it's benefits and downfalls in my opinion. I used an older black one and it would slip off my shoulder when walking around. If you are in a tree stand it works great. Keeps the rifle in place and is hands free. If you are walking around, you better be in front of your hunting buds as if you are behind them you will continually be pointing your rifle at them as you walk around.Just my opinion.I prefer a sling I can use to support my aim.

It looks convenient, but not the safest way to carry a rifle or shotgun. The muzzle of your gun should be pointed up, not horizontally when being carried on a sling.

The safest way to carry your gun is ALWAYS knowing where the muzzle is pointing. With this sling you ALWAYS know where it is pointing, not so with slings that loop over your should and could fall off your shoulder causing a discharge when you least expect it. This will keep your muzzle in a safe diretion going through brush etc... Not so, with a normal sling...

When I'm going through brush I don't mind if the brush is raking against my body. I do care if ANYTHING is raking against the trigger on my gun.

I have them on six rifles and one shotgun and I am a beliver, but be careful where the gun is pointed when hunting with others. It works on the shotgun because it sports a red dot sight. Otherwise, the strap obscures the bead and make sighting difficult. No more aching arms or sore shoulders after hours in the field. I put a tactical sling on my Keltec and liked it so well I tried the Safari sling and haven't looked back since.

Steve Hill

Back